Farnell element14 is recruiting for an Account Manager - Central and Northern France to join our field sales team in France!
The role is home based covering the sales regions and surrounding areas of Orléans, Caen, La Rochelle, Bourges, Chartres, Tours, Le Mans, Rouen, Limoges, Poitiers, and other cities and is reporting to the Regional Sales Manager; the role has no direct reports but is a key part of our diverse external field sales team. You will play a key role collaborating with internal sales and other back office functions such as Technical, Quotes, Marketing and Finance to deliver support to key customers and developing the business further.
This is a field based role, 80% of your time will be meeting customers face to face and carrying out a key account management, consistently growing sales and profit within a set of assigned accounts on a quarterly basis.
Our team pride themselves on the products and services they offer to the customer, that’s why we are recruiting an enthusiastic, results driven individual, to take responsibility for managing and growing business for a defined account base and increasing customer engagement and loyalty in line with growth targets.
If you enjoy a challenge, new ways of working and have a passion for targets and increasing sales, backed up by electronics/industry experience our team is waiting to meet you!
- Delivering sales and margin growth in line with agreed targets for an assigned group of accounts
- Identifying and converting a pipeline of new business opportunities in line with expected timescales and growth targets
- Identifying and converting design of new projects and follow the designs into production
- Identifying key competitor account opportunities and formulate plans to deliver and convert significant wins, ensuring maximum profitability from right product and services mix
- Creating and being accountable for all client proposals, contracts, QBR’s and any further documentation, with support of Operations, Legal and Finance teams, following internal procedure
- Responsible for managing new agreement roll-outs, marketing plans and mobilisation support activity to rapidly convert the business opportunity with support of Marketing and the quote and technical functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Fluent in French with a good level of business English both spoken and written
- Great communicator, Social intelligence, winning mentality
- Previous direct sales experience
- Previous experience in Account Management
- Understanding of P&L, profitable sales, margin implications of particular sales and discounting policies
- Skilled negotiator of significant agreements with strong commercial acumen and numeracy
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Analytical experience and ability to interpret financial and sales data and results
- Demonstrates Change Agility, Resiliency, Drive for Results and Customer Focus
- Ability to Collaborate and Connect with Others in a multi-channel multi-cultural environment
- Clean driving license
- Design engineer
- Technical knowledge
- Sales experience in the Electronic board or component space
- Knowledge of our high Service business
- Background in Electronics and/or Distribution
- B2B Web and E-Business experience
- Proven strategic large customer account experience and sales negotiation competencies including financial analysis
More About Us!
Premier Farnell is the Development Distributor, a global partner that supports the technology community at every stage, from students and makers, to design engineers and manufacturers.
- We source technology which guides and inspires students and makers to become the next generation of engineers, programmers and technicians, whilst helping the existing generation stay in touch with the latest trends.
- Our broad range of products and services help design engineers create designs, build prototypes and deliver finished products quickly.
- Our experience in high service distribution supports our customers’ as they develop their businesses, providing access to the mass market through our distribution channels and a maintenance and test portfolio that keeps systems running.
Our multi-channel approach, including 48 transactional websites, contact centres, a field sales force and our online community, ensures we can meet the varying needs of our customers. To keep pace with changing technology, our engineers actively identify and source innovative niche technologies, providing choice and competitive advantage for today’s most in-demand application areas, supported by a global supply chain and an inventory profile in which we invest and develop.
Click on the link to apply and we will review your application within 7 days! If successful in the shortlisting process, we will contact you directly. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss #LI-POSTSS1
Premier Farnell is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.