Join a leading company in the lock & security industry. As one of our Mechanical Lock Technicians - we provide you with what is necessary to do the job - uniform, technology (phone, tablet), an equipped vehicle, and specialized training as needed.
We are seeking an experienced individual in the trade, but will always consider candidates with transferable skills.
Responsible for the installation and maintenance of locks, keys and mechanical door related hardware as well as non-software based/stand-alone electronic hardware.
- Install, service, and repair various types of mechanical locks and security devices, primarily at commercial and industrial sites.
- Re-key locks; Disassemble locks; repair and or replace worn components.
- Cut new or duplicate keys and stamp with identification.
- Use appropriate discretion and special knowledge of lock systems to preserve the integrity of the master key system while meeting customer requests.
- Service and install most all door related hardware.
- On site product sales and/product upgrade recommendations to increase security.
- Issue keys and maintain records of keys issued and returned.
- Maintain accurate records of work performed.
- Complete Service Acknowledgement with proper coding through communication devices, such as smart phones and tablets.
- Maintain a clean and orderly truck – cabin and box etc.
- Practice safe working procedures and adhere to safety regulations of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Adherence to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and safety standards.
- Experience in the are of Mechanical Locks (Locksmith)
- High School Graduation Diploma
- Previous experience in use of tools, power tools and posses’ a mechanical aptitude.
- Computer aptitude to use software and technology applications.
- Basic understanding of Fire Code and bylaws relative to the industry.
- Basic knowledge of low voltage hardware (e.g. electric strikes and exit devices).
- Product knowledge of the industry is preferred (Door Openings and/or Lock and Security Industry).
- Valid class G license | Driver’s abstract with no recent moving or driving violations.
In accordance with the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarian's Disabilities Act, 2005, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Who are we?
With a presence in Ontario since 1906, Knell’s is a leading supplier of Door & Hardware and Industrial Supply products in Southern Ontario. In 2012, Knell’s expanded its service capabilities to the openings industry by acquiring G&A Lock and Security. With G&A Lock and Security as a division of Knell’s we are able to provide a full-service to the non-residential openings industry including the safety and security of property. Our valued customers include contractors and the trades sector, property managers, business owners, public institutions and manufacturing and maintenance professionals.
Specifically, we provide:
- Door hardware, integrated access control systems, automatic door operators, hollow metal doors and frames, wood doors, closet doors, shelving and toilet partitions, washroom accessories and other construction specialties.
- Locksmith services and security solutions - mechanical and electronic security hardware and security solutions that include video and access control products.
- A wide range of industrial products, that include abrasives, cutting tools, power tools, health and safety equipment, machinery and maintenance supplies.
Why Work for Knell's
We are a well-regarded company in Southwestern Ontario that has a rich history of providing quality service and products which spans over 110 years. We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a company matching Retirement Savings Plan.
As a multi faceted company supplying various industries, we provide a variety of employment opportunities that promote employee growth and development.
We believe that the success of our company is the strength and talent of our staff.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $23.00 /hour