Transco, North America’s largest & leading school bus company has a job opening for the position of Assistant Location Manager. This position will require travel throughout the greater Montreal area to our different Transco branches.
Oversee and co-ordinate day-to-day aspects of the student transportation operation. Plan, organize and co-ordinate the branch’s daily operations in order to achieve the highest standard of customer service and employee satisfaction. Work closely with the Location Manager and staff to ensure superior level of service is delivered to both internal and external customers. Provide effective coaching to employees and assist in their personal development.
- Oversee daily location operations. Assist in supervising drivers, office personnel and maintenance personnel with regard to operating procedures
- Promote the highest standard of quality service to employees through teaching, coaching, training, counseling and leading by personal example
- Liaise with board transportation officers and managers
- Supervise vehicle and route assignment in accordance with location practices
- Ensure vehicle maintenance programs are completed in a cost efficient, timely manner
- Assist Location Manager in implementing new company programs or policies, with the aim of ensuring buy-in and an effective change process for employees
- Provide input and assists Location Manager on manpower, developmental and training issues
- Chair Health & Safety Committee
- Supervise and assist dispatch to ensure routes run on schedule and driver concerns and problems are resolved
- Coordinate and monitor specific daily route management needs for local school boards, as well as pre-startup route planning
- Assist in budget preparation
- Interview and hire driver applicants
- Accident and WSIB investigation, including all related reports
- Month end reporting, including fuel reconciliation, payroll and A/P accruals
- Administer the outside fueling function via station cards and the Fuel Card Team
- Supervise and complete additional projects as assigned
College or University degree preferred. Courses in management, accounting and human resources would be an asset. Appropriate vehicle licences required.
- A minimum of 1-3 years management experience or completion of management training program, in a bus operations environment
- Supervisory experience, financial skills and strong customer relations skills
- Sound knowledge of safety policies, procedures and practices
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office and E-mail
- Sound knowledge of branch working practices
- Sound knowledge of the Highway Traffic Act, Municipal by-laws, and PEVL requirements
- Basic knowledge of vehicle or equipment maintenance for the purposes of trouble shooting and identifying problems
Location / office environment. Travel to customers / prospects.
Transco is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.