Grid Networks is looking for a network technician to grow with us. We specialize in network design with a focus on large scale WiFi. We have been in business for two decades and our client base is spread across Canada and the United States in various sectors including Hospitality, Industrial, Education and Business.
Position Overview: This position is a permanent full time network technician based in the Kelowna/Vernon corridor. The ideal candidate has excellent report writing skills and is proficient with main stream commercial WiFi and wired networking equipment.
- Post secondary technical graduate or equivalent experience
- At least two years experience in TCP/IP Networking
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent spoken and written English is a requirement
- Must have great interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Reliable transportation and valid drivers license
- Technical report writing (findings from site survey and network analysis)
- Onsite Site Survey and Analysis
- Network Design using Ekahau and iBwave modeling software
- Equipment configuration
- Network Discovery
- Salary dependent on experience
- Working from home part of the time is an option.
Job Type: Full-time
- TCP/IP Networking: 2 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Lake Country, BC (Preferred)