Join Canada’s #1 voted ESL School to build a successful career today! We are looking for experiences IT Director to start in our state of the art facilities in the Toronto Campus.
The CompanyEstablished in 1997 ILAC is one of the leading English Language providers in international education located in Toronto and Vancouver. Our mission is to provide the highest quality service, support and opportunities to our customers and employees. We provide English language training as well as professional certificates and diplomas to thousands of international students every year.
For over 20 years, ILAC has offered international students an engaging and exceptionally meaningful learning and life-changing Canadian experience which includes English programs, excellent Homestay accommodation, well-crafted University Pathway Programs, exciting Social Events and a dynamic atmosphere.
We have been voted #1 English School in Canada and have been recognized as one of the most awarded English schools in the world.
The IT Director is responsible for the effective operation of the IT services and support across the ILAC organization. This individual oversees IT project management, resource management, supervision of IT staff, as well as communication with the Executive team, business unit leaders, and end users. The IT Director is also responsible for IT strategic and tactical planning, as well as identifying, selecting, and deploying the appropriate technology resources that will support corporate goals and objectives.
Key responsibilities and capabilities
Strategy & Planning
- Responsible for planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications
- Plans, develops, and manages all IT services, programs, and support across the ILAC organization
- Drives strategic and tactical IT planning and facilitation while liaising with the Executive Team
- Evaluate the current systems technology architecture and conduct feasibility studies for systems technology change.
- Anticipates future network needs and identifies proactive solutions to satisfy needs
- Provides research, design, and implementation of the appropriate technologies to support business growth and competitive advantage.
- Leads all direct reports in developing, maintaining and adhering to all policies, security and audit practices with implemented segregation of duties including but not limited to all systems development and support methods and infrastructures
- Oversees the implementation, deployment and operation of information systems and technology solutions
- Provides research, design, and implementation of the appropriate technologies to support and improve corporate communications, access to information, and end-user productivity
- Directs project management for IT-related undertakings, including clear capture of business requirements, provision of functional deliverables, and project post mortem
- Collaborates and works with cross functional teams and various business units across multiple departments to assess alignment of information systems capabilities with current / future business goals to ensure that the companies are not overlooking opportunities relative to our competitors and industry / technology trends
- Hires, trains and supervises a skilled team of IT professionals; helps guide the professional development of IT personnel
- Assists in developing and managing a budget for technology, IT services, and users
- Liaises with vendors and service providers to ensure efficient and cost-effective acquisition of technology purchases; oversees warranties and service agreements
- Conducts capacity planning for network bandwidth, storage requirements, messaging, Web sites, and other applications
- Stays informed on new or emerging trends and technologies that provide clear benefits to the organization and/or customers
- University degree in IT or Computer Science
- Minimum 7 to 10 years in IT experience in a similar role in a corporate environment
- Minimum 5 years of direct work experience in an IT management capacity
- Good knowledge of cyber security
- Advanced overall knowledge of networking, operating system, and server architectures
- High proficiency with TCP/IP and Windows network protocols, firewallmanagement, and operating system configuration
- High proficiency with Windows Server 2003/2008/2010, Windows XP and Vista/7, and excellent experience in Active Directory
- High proficiency with Microsoft 365 and Microsoft cloud offering
- MCSE, CCNP certifications
- Microsoft Exchange knowledge and Virtualization
- Scripting, VOIP experience
- Superior customer service orientation and ability to communicate effectively both with IT and business personnel at all levels of the organization
- Highly effective project management skills
- Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills
- Strong negotiation and prioritization skills
- Ability to perform small repairs
- Ability to provide fast solutions in a fast-paced environment with deadlines
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning;
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently
Apply Now! We are accepting applications Immediately!
HOW TO APPLY:
- Include your resume and a cover letter (tell us why you want to work with ILAC);
- Please make sure the subject line of your email states IT Director.
All candidates must be eligible to work in Canada, and be available to start shortly.
We thank all candidates who are interested in applying for the position, kindly note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Information Technology: 7 years (Required)
- IT Management: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)