WHAT WE OFFER CLIENTS
With over 320 employees in 14 offices across Canada, Altus Group provides integrated Field Surveys, Mapping, Remote Sensing (LiDAR/3D Laser Scanning), Land Use Planning, Environmental Consulting and GIS (Data Solutions and Systems) services to the energy, forestry and construction industries in Western Canada. We value achieving a level of service that anticipates, understands and exceeds our clients’ expectations.
WHAT WE OFFER EMPLOYEES
Joining our collaborative team means working with the industry’s best. We are proud of our company culture where the emphasis is on supporting each other in a passionate, team environment, keeping us a measure above. Our commitment to job safety is unparalleled.
Our excellent compensation package includes an industry competitive benefits package. We encourage promotion from within our organization and offer professional development support to grow your skill set and advance your career with Altus Group.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Survey Assistant in a Safety Sensitive Position and key member of our Production Team, you will play an integral role in growing operations, based out of our Virden, MB office.
- Assisting with measuring angles, distances and elevations using chains, total stations and GPS receivers.
- Operating equipment safely and ensuring the care of equipment and vehicles on the job.
- Recording measurements manually or in an electronic field-data collector.
- Caring for and maintaining surveying equipment.
- Staking boundaries and underground facilities.
- Collecting and documenting findings as directed.
- Clearing vegetation and debris so that measurements may be taken.
- Marking boundaries of well sites, utility right of ways, roadways and parcels of land.
- Taking measurements associated with management of natural resources and pipeline activities.
- Completes Data Capture complying with industry and company standards.
WE’LL MEASURE SUCCESS BY HOW YOU
- Commit to our safety culture and program by actively participating and following all policies and procedures
- Are willing to be away from home for long shifts and work long hours, outdoors in all climates, conditions and terrain
- Assist the Party Chief in completing tasks related to all field surveys
WHAT YOU’RE SKILLED AT
- ATV & Snowmobile Operation
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a strong work ethic
- Collaborative attitude, with the ability to excel in a team and independent environment
- Commitment to client satisfaction through problem solving
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Goal orientation with a drive to exceed expectations
- Ability to manage time and priorities effectively, results oriented
WHAT YOU’VE DONE:
- Hold a Class 5 driver’s license (driver's abstract required at your expense)
- Safety Certifications: First Aid/CPR, H2S Alive, ATV, WHMIS, TDG (asset)
- Obtained a Geomatics Technology Diploma (or equivalent) or have a survey related background (asset)
Closing Date: November 15, 2019 or until a suitable candidate is found. Please include a cover letter with your resume. You must be eligible to work in Canada.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. *For more information refer to our website. Thank you to all applicants in advance.
Please email applications to Craig Rinn.
Learn more about Altus group, Geomatics Division at www.altusgeomatics.com
Job Type: Full-time