A Leader is an integral part of the Boys and Girls Club of Kawartha Lakes community as they assist with the development and implementation of recreational programs for children and youth within a program setting. This the main responsibilities of this position are to develop and implement social recreational programs for children. It is the responsibility of the leader to provide programming and supervision of children.
- Program planning to ensure program needs are being met in the following areas Physical Activity, Creative Arts, Group Games, Leadership/Team, Building Skill Development
- Ensure supplies are bought and organized within an appropriate time frame to be used during program activities
- Creating age appropriate games to meet the needs of all children within the particular age group
- Implementation of program plan (task above under planning)
- Maintain level of safety within children and activities in program, as well as the facility
Follow Up 10%
- Daily communication with supervisor to report on daily programs and any abnormal participant behaviour
- Daily communication with participant’s parents to ensure they are kept informed about their child’s participation and behaviors within our program
- Must be able to provide a Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening in accordance with the Police Record Checks Reform Act (PRCRA)
- Must have valid Standard First Aid and CPR C
- HIGH FIVE Principles of Healthy Child Development (or willingness to acquire)
Salary: $13.15/Hour ($14.00/Hour Students over 18)
An employment application, along with additional information can be located at www.bgckl.com/join-our-team, this application should be attached to your resume and cover letter quoting Peterborough Leader #23-19.
Job Type: Part-time