Flaherty McCarthy LLP is a law firm focused on Civil Litigation founded in 1994. We represent our clients in all aspects of motor vehicle accident, personal injury and property claims in courts and tribunals throughout the Province of Ontario. We are proud to be recognized by Canadian Lawyer Magazine as a 2015-16, 2017-2018 and 2019-2020 Top 10 Insurance Defence Boutique firm and find ourselves in a tremendous growth curve which is why we need to add more Legal Assistants to the team in our Toronto Office.
You have the opportunity to be part of our team made up of professionals that are not only doing great litigation work but who are also given back to the community through teaching, publishing and community service. This is a great place to learn and hone your skills in the field of Insurance Defence.
As a Law clerk, you will hold responsibility for a range of deliverables including but not limited to preparing correspondence and court documents, letters, memorandums and providing effective communication with clients, lawyers and court staff. Flaherty McCarthy LLP offers competitive wages commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package.
What experience and knowledge will permit you to be successful in this role:
* Minimum 2 years of previous experience in insurance defence (AB & Tort) is a must ;
* Knowledgeable in SABS/LAT and the Rules of Civil Procedure;
* Knowledge of court forms, procedures, and the Rules of Civil Procedure;
* Experience preparing Written Briefs, Factums, Affidavits of Record, Pleadings, and performing various searches;
* Experience preparing service of court documents, arranging for service of documents with external process servers;
* Able to perform high volumes of dictation; make revisions to documents, apply proofreading and editing skills, and manage a busy practice area for your lawyer;
* You are a team player with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
* You are able to produce accurate, and quality work with minimal supervision in a busy work environment within established time frames.
Job Type: Full-time