WHO WE ARE
Omicron Canada Inc. (Omicron) is one of the largest integrated development, design and construction firms in Western Canada, combining the expertise of more than 135 Architects, Interior Designers, Engineers, Building Assessment Experts, Real Estate Development Strategists, Cost Estimators, Project Managers, Construction Personnel and Corporate Support Professionals.
Omicron creates a better experience for clients in the Retail, Institutional, Renewals, Commercial, Industrial and Residential sectors from offices in Vancouver and Victoria.
Omicron has a distinctly entrepreneurial culture and is an innovative, sustainable and award-winning organization focused on success for clients and staff alike. Omicron was a winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program in 2009 and has requalified every year since.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As the Construction Manager, you will work with in-house and field personnel to provide leadership and support for overall project performance. You will ensure schedule, costs, quality, stakeholder satisfaction and the integrity of the design are maintained. You will work closely with the Design and Development services team and maintain an excellent relationship with subcontractors and clients.
- Achieve project budget and meet or exceed target new margin, milestones and schedules
- Prepare detailed construction schedules, tracks on a weekly basis and presents a Monthly Report
- Deliver scope while meeting or exceeding Design’s and Client’s quality, fit and finish expectations
- Coach, motivate and collaborate with project team superintendents, estimating and subcontractors/suppliers to achieve project budget, scope and schedule
- Makes sure Work Safe Practices are being followed and report and infractions to ensure the safety of employees, sub-trades and the community
- Lead the bid process and be accountable for the bid
- Implement and monitor Omicron’s Construction Management Process, in accordance with Omicron’s CM Manual and Governance Policy
- Ensure all contractual issues and deficiencies are resolved within 30 days from tenant/client occupancy
- Prepare monthly billing and progress claims
- Analyze, interpret and execute action on Management Control Report and cost forecasts
- Identify suitable service offerings and recommendations for clients
- Provide client reporting in alignment with Omicron’s and the client’s requirements
WHO YOU ARE
You collaborate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds (team members, clients, and the community) in a clear and articulate way.
You are candid and comfortable when working with our internal teams and external partners.
You have excellent time management and prioritization skills; you get things done right within short timeframes.
You are solution oriented; you discover and fix issues without being told to do so.
You are able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and unwavering attention to detail..
You lead, mentor and support teams to enhance their technical skills and knowledge, providing them with feedback for growth.
You enjoy working in a cross-functional collaborative environment alongside your colleagues.
You learn from your mistakes and welcome feedback from your supervisors and peers.
You are highly skilled, experienced, and enjoy orchestrating projects with many moving parts.
You are a relationship builder with strong client management skills. You present a positive and professional image of our business operations to external clients.
You demonstrate consistently strong performance, so your colleagues can rely on you.
5 to 8 years of experience as a Construction Project Manager with a design-builder, general contractor, sub-contractor and/or owner’s representative experience
Degree in Engineering or Project Management
Expert within Outlook and MS Office suite
Proven experience with Estimating, Take-off and MS Project to track, plan and coordinate projects
Competent in Estimating, Take-off and MS Project
Knowledge of Provincial Building Codes, Building envelope, Timberline Project Management, Contract Control/law and Change Management
Understanding of project financial management
Previous experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment
Gold Seal Intern or Gold Seal Certified is an asset
PQS designation, a trade certification or a business degree is an asset
Please note that frequent local travel to job sites and travel to out of town sites will be required as necessary.