Great Northern Insulation is currently recruiting for full-time permanent skilled labourers (not seasonal) for our Woodstock, ON location!
Both permanent employment with GNI and subcontracting opportunities are available to qualified candidates.
- Ability to travel province-wide to complete specialty projects
- Drywall, taping, roofing, landscaping, construction or insulation experience an asset
- Ability to work in different environmental conditions (indoors/ outdoors, hot/ cold)
- G Driver's license is a MUST with clear driver's abstract
- Must be comfortable working at heights and tight spaces
- Proven ability to work effectively as a team
- Proven time management, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work OT and weekends when needed
- Basic reading, writing, math, and computer skills
Standard Job Duties:
- Advance preparation and insulation of attics, walls, and other areas using materials such as spray polyurethane foam, fiberglass batts, or blown-in cellulose
- Specialized Air-Sealing related work.
- Carpentry, Drywall, other light home repairs as required
- Duties also include accurate and on-time completion of paperwork, loading/unloading materials and equipment, job site clean-up, and various maintenance tasks as needed
- Ability to work Mon-Fri (occasional weekends), start time as early as 6am with flexible end times
In general, installers work in pairs, on a variety of job sites, both indoors and outdoors. Work can occur in confined spaces such as attics/crawl spaces and working at heights. Standing, bending, lifting, and ladder use are also important to installer job duties.
Typical clothing and protective equipment includes CSA-approved footwear, safety glasses, coveralls, gloves, and masks/respirators when using spray-on polyurethane foam. Installers use common hand and power tools, while more specific training and knowledge is provided for spray foam equipment.
Benefits of working at GNI:
- Competitive wages (piecework rates available)
- Opportunities for advancement and cross-training
- Paid training and development
- Health and Dental Benefits (employees)
- Group RRSP Program (employees)
- Corporate discounted gym membership & phone plans
- Many bonus programs - referral, customer service, etc.
- Boot allowance
Please note we thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Renovation: 3 years (Preferred)
- G Class Driver's Licence (Preferred)