DSL’s customers are some of the best food service operators in the world. When their equipment breaks down, they depend on DSL Service Technicians to make the repairs faster and more accurately than anyone else.
- Would you like to work in an environment that provides continuous training and a culture of excellence?
- Would you like to work on different types of machinery every day?
- Would you like to work independently?
- Would you like to work indoors?
As a Service Technician at DSL, you will be responsible for maintaining an extremely high level of customer service and professionalism while repairing and maintaining food service equipment. If a customer has a malfunction with their machine, it is up to DSL to ensure that they are up and running as soon as possible; their business often depends on it.DSL supplies every technician with the most up to date technology in the industry, including tablets and smartphones operating cutting edge cloud-based software. With over 130 employees and 5 offices across 4 provinces, and over 100 years of experience, DSL can offer a career that is stable, challenging, and rewarding.
Essential Job Functions (day to day responsibilities):
- Installing, maintaining, repairing and testing a variety of specialty food service equipment, including frozen carbonated beverage (FCB) units, soft serve machines, superautomatic espresso machines, fryers, combi ovens and clamshell grills
- Interacting with our customers and ensuring that their concerns are appropriately addressed in a professional and courteous manner
- Responding quickly and efficiently to service calls
- Providing customers with telephone support for troubleshooting
- Assessing and completing repairs quickly, efficiently, and accurately
- Effectively handling service requests and work orders on DSL’s Android app
- Maintaining an orderly and accurate parts inventory in your personal DSL vehicle
- Training other technicians on preventative maintenance and service procedures
- Maintaining relationships with customers by examining concerns, identifying solutions and recommending system improvements
- Selling additional services and products by recognizing opportunities to up-sell
- Responding to on-call service emergencies on select evenings and weekends
- Valid Commercial Appliance Certificate
- Refrigeration Journeyman or apprenticeship. Apprenticeships or equivalent experience above 2nd year will be considered
- Refrigeration, HVAC, Appliance, Journeyman or Apprentice
- Experience in a technical role with a high level of customer interaction is preferred
- Experience working in refrigeration, appliance repair, mechanical or electrical fields is beneficial, especially if related to Taylor, Franke Coffee or Henny Penny equipment or equivalent product lines (i.e. Rational, Blodget, Garland, Bunn, Cornelius, FBD, Electrofreeze, or Stoelting)
- Experience working in a convenience store or fast food establishment an asset.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, with the ability to ask probing questions and understand and resolve customer concerns
- Must be smartphone and tablet literate, with the ability to learn and navigate new software quickly
- Must be able to independently apply DSL’s processes, procedures and uphold rigorous standards without constant management
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal. Any second language an asset.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Local travel is required on a daily basis, with occasional travel throughout various nearby communities and towns. Company vehicle and gas card are supplied by DSL
- Extended travel may be required. Normally 2-3 days in length, these trips will include a travel allowance for food and lodging.
DSL wants to ensure the highest chance of success for all of our employees. As a result, every incoming employee will receive comprehensive training, competitive wages and performance-based bonuses.
For over 100 years, DSL has served the foodservice industry by providing, maintaining, and servicing class-leading equipment. Our customers represent the top of the foodservice industry, including McDonald’s, 7-Eleven, Mac’s, Tim Hortons, A&W, Wendy’s, Chevron and more. With an absolute priority placed on providing unmatched service support, DSL continues to grow and is currently looking for a Service Technician.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)