Management Forester (RPF)
Are you interested in ensuring the sustainability of Ontario's forest ecosystems? If so, consider this
exciting opportunity to join our team as a Management Forester.
The Ontario Public Service (OPS) is committed to being an employer of first choice, creating a positive
and inclusive work environment.
- A defined benefit pension plan
- Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits which include adoptive parents
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Life and Disability insurance
- Collegial and professional work culture
- Career growth and development opportunities across multiple business areas
- On-the-job training to support your success in the role
This position is located at 106 Monck Street in Bancroft, however, due to COVID-19,
remote work arrangements are currently in effect. The employer is willing to consider remote work
arrangements beyond COVID-19, however, attendance at the office will be required from time to time,
or as needed.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- support the development of all Forest Management Plans within the district to provide for the
sustainability of forest ecosystems
- develop and monitor compliance and effectiveness of forest management for Crown and private land
resource management programs within the district
- provide expertise in support of the district integrated resource management programs and forestry
advice to the general public, local forest industry, Indigenous groups and other external agencies
How do I qualify?
- You must possess a Registered Professional Forester (RPF) designation from the Ontario Professional
Foresters Association or the ability to transfer designation from out-of-province and are able to
practice professional forestry without professional supervision.
Technical knowledge and skills:
- You have expertise in forest management planning and practices and legal obligations.
- You have knowledge of principles and practices of forest ecosystem management.
- You have knowledge of Ontario's forest legislation, regulations and policies (e.g. Crown Forest
Sustainability Act, Forest Management Planning Manual, Forest Information Manual, Forest Operations
and Silviculture Manual) to coordinate the development of forest management plans and related forest
Communication and interpersonal skills:
- You have proven facilitation and consensus building skills to analyse, review and make
recommendations to district forest management plans.
Organizational and leadership skills:
- You can promote and develop partnerships with communities.
- You have proven communication skills to provide expert forest management advice.
- You have demonstrated leadership skills to direct planning teams and coordinate Local Citizen
- You have proven analytical and organizational skills to review information and reports and make
recommendations/provide solutions on a variety of resource matters.
- You have experience working with personal computers, internet, database management, word
processing, spreadsheet, presentation, spatial analysis and modelling software to prepare briefing
materials, correspondence and reports.
- You have knowledge of and working experience with Geographic Information System (GIS), Global
Positioning System (GPS) and current technologies.
$1,220.15 - $1,507.15 per week
- Effective July 1, 2020, the correct salary range for this position will be $1,232.35 to $1,522.22
per hour/week in compliance with current OPSEU collective agreement provisions.
- 1 Permanent, 106 Monck St, Bancroft, East Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 151469, by
Wednesday, July 15, 2020. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are
not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at
www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff
will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance
with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.