Make a bold move for the career you have always wanted. Where your skills are valued, your goals are supported, and a balanced lifestyle comes naturally.
Catalyst Paper manufactures diverse papers such as coated and uncoated groundwood, newsprint, directory, packaging as well as market pulp. Customers include retailers, publishers, commercial printers and convertors in North America, Latin America, the Pacific Rim and Europe. Catalyst is headquartered in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada. Catalyst serves a global customer base that includes retailers, publishers and commercial printers. We are recognized for our industry-leading customer service and a focus on environmental sustainability demonstrated by partnerships and certifications that underscore our commitment. Catalyst offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and the unique opportunity to advance your career in an innovative and dynamic business that values great ideas and rewards performance.
As a Maintenance Planner reporting to the Manager Maintenance Mechanical, you will be accountable for producing effective maintenance plans and schedules that allow the safe execution of work required to optimize equipment performance and maximize equipment availability. You will work with maintenance and operations teams to continually improve the business, including safety, production, cost and other joint objectives.
Your key competencies include the ability to:
- Expertly navigate computerized maintenance management systems.
- Supervise crews and/or contractors on shutdown days or as needed.
- Define scope and manage the work of contractors and other external service providers.
- Use records cataloguing to build and maintain asset history.
- Develop work quality control standards and incorporate such quality checks in check-out and commissioning plans.
- Perform task and job risk assessments and incorporate risk mitigation in the maintenance plans.
- Develop purchasing and contract specifications, including selecting appropriate and correct technical standards and specifying special delivery requirements to protect items and parts reliability. Manage spare parts requirements and Bill of Material data integrity in our CMMS.
- Competently develops bar charts and PERT diagrams.
- Proficient with manpower and resource levelling.
A self-starter and dedicated team player, you have a trade certificate, a mechanical engineering degree or a technical diploma.
If you would like to join us for a strong future together, and you meet the requirements above, please apply without delay. Please note only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.