Mawer Investment Management Ltd. has an immediate opening for a User Experience (UX) Designer to join the Marketing team for a 12-month (maternity-leave) contract. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the successful candidate will work collaboratively with product teams, developers, business analysts, and external vendors to lead the design of various client and user centric experiences.
- Using user data, analytics and business requirements to assist in developing user stories and high-level requirements.
- Completing user-flow diagrams and navigation maps.
- Completing Wireframes/Prototypes.
- Producing and presenting high-fidelity visual mockups (precise visual layout and design of the expected product or interface).
- Responsible for all interaction design:
- Incorporating user needs collected during user research into the designs;
- Incorporating features and information that are important to the user;
- Designing interface behavior like drag-drop, selections, and mouse-over actions;
- Effectively communicating strengths of the system;
- Making the interface intuitive;
- Maintaining consistency throughout the system.
- Working closely with web-developers and business analysts to realize the designs and experiences.
- Coordinating with external vendors as required.
- 5+ years of professional design experience.
- Degree or certificate in applicable discipline or previous relevant experience.
- Understanding of user-centered design principles and agile development.
- An outstanding and diverse portfolio that demonstrates strong user experience research and design principles.
- Capacity to turn high level business requirements into design and UX deliverables including wireframes, task flows, prototypes, research plans and test scripts.
- Knowledge of responsive design, visual design, typography, colour, and layout.
- Experience with a variety of design tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver.
- Experience with prototyping tools, such as Sketch, UXPin, InVision, etc.
- Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Fluent in English and French an asset.
- Ability to work in a high-paced, continually changing environment.
In addition to the base requirements, a candidate having previous experience with any of the following would be considered a strong asset:
- Developing design solutions for service and support type applications and/or developing designs for the financial industries.
- Developing design solutions for native mobile apps.
- Experience with Salesforce, Community Cloud and Pardot.
- An opportunity to work at one of the most respected investment management firms in Canada and directly contribute to our growth as a global investment manager.
- Learn and work alongside high-performing individuals, within a team that has consistently delivered exceptional long-term investment results and the highest levels of client satisfaction.
- Experience a highly professional meritocracy in which the quality of ideas supersedes hierarchy. At Mawer, talented individuals have the opportunity to progress quickly, regardless of tenure or experience.
- Mawer has an exceptional and celebrated work culture. Our culture emphasizes excellence, candour, integrity and teamwork.
Established in 1974, Mawer Investment Management Ltd. is an independent firm that provides world-class, global investment management services across all major asset classes to a broad range of individual and institutional clients. We are proud of our reputation as one of Canada’s most respected investment management firms and strive to earn such respect by continually delivering long-term investment excellence, developing strong client partnerships, and living our core values. Mawer currently has over $50 billion in assets under management and employs over 150 people across locations in Calgary, Toronto and Singapore.
- No telephone inquiries please.*
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract
- professional design: 5 years (Required)