Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Location: Montreal, QC / Hybrid Work Policy (candidate should be local)
Permanent / Full time
WHO THE COMPANY IS
The company delivers a full suite of payment solutions. From online to in-store payments; from merchant acquiring to payment gateways; from alternative payments to omni-channel and secure cross-border e-commerce; from white-label credit solutions to mobile order and delivery platforms, we offer businesses an unbeatable one-stop solution. We process millions of transactions worldwide and we value our relationships at every point in the process.
The company is global with a dynamic environment operating in multiple countries including the UK, Ireland, Bulgaria, Austria, India, Canada and the US.
LIFE AT THE COMPANY
With a blend of projects that focus on both autonomous and collaborative skills, we offer room for growth and an environment that fosters new abilities. Our day-to-day involves delivering an award-winning technology. Award-winning. Meaning, when you are part of our team, you’re literally a winner. As if that accolade isn’t enough, you’ll also be rewarded with some pretty great extras.
- Insurance coverage as of Day One
- Paid vacation and personal days
- RRSP matching
- Personal Spending Account (PSA)
- A modern Continuous Performance Process approach
- Dynamic and engaged culture
- Open-concept workspace with spectacular views of the city!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The company is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE). As part of our Production support team, the successful candidate will work in a high-availability environment ensuring the production uptime, efficiency and stability of our various payment applications and systems.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Liaise with various internal departments regarding the integration, configuration, and troubleshooting of our proprietary software applications.
- Create, build, automate and improve the monitoring process and procedures
- Ensure a high level of availability of our various systems and applications to keep up with our SLAs and OLAs.
- Secure application systems and perform required daily controls.
- Execute application systems performance management and monitoring functions.
- Ensure proper operation of the different environments currently supported and conduct regular tests on them.
- Work with the team to ensure code delivery processes are followed and respected.
- Troubleshoot and provide level 3 technical support
- Ensure all production and non-production issues are tracked and perform the necessary follow-ups and/or escalations with the required internal or external departments.
- Help provide detailed root cause analysis of issues when they occur and help provide workarounds and solutions.
- Eliminate recurring technical issues by providing and implementing solid solutions in collaboration with cross-functional teams across multiple sites such as Network Operations, Quality Assurance and Development.
WHAT THE COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR
- University degree in Computer Science, Programming, or equivalent education or experience.
- Between 5 to 10 years of experience.
- Good working knowledge of UNIX or Linux and UNIX/Linux shell scripting
- Networking knowledge
- Experience in data analysis (SQL)
- Working knowledge of Perl and Java
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as SolarWinds and New Relic
- Understanding of Jira and Service Now ticketing systems
- Knowledge of Splunk
- Knowledge of WebLogic 11 and up, Sun Solaris, RHEL, VM Ware ESX 5, Oracle database, F5 load balancer and global traffic manager (Akamai).
- Experience in a banking, financial services or credit card processing environment
- You are familiar and comfortable working in a production environment and are committed to producing high-quality work according to an unpredictable schedule.
- You are responsible and a solid team player who can work independently and have strong synthesizing and analytical skills.
- You can multitask and work in a fast-paced environment, often on projects with tight timelines and different/shifting priorities.
- Good communication skills (spoken and written).
- Availability for possible after-hours support of the team.
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills, customer-oriented attitude, detail oriented and organized.
Please note that you may be required to work on-call rotations outside regular working hours
Thank you for your interest!