SNP Technical Services Inc. provides design and project management services in industrial, manufacturing & process engineering, and related disciplines, including building work.
SNP is a progressive and flexible company focused on our client's needs and expectations, offering proactive solutions that have positive returns on investment. Creativity and technological leadership is encouraged in a multi-disciplined approach to timely problem solving and delivery within budgets. We believe in providing constant support throughout all phases of a project and in partnering with designated specialists in order to deliver the best possible solutions to our clients.
At this time, we are looking to expand our team and require an Electrical Project Engineer with a minimum of 3 years experience to support current and future projects for our clients, working from our Troy, MI office.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years working in a manufacturing/industrial environment. Preferably in automation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant safety and environmental legislation and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, the ability to speak multiple languages is an asset
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Software, and AutoCAD required
- Highly motivated, with superb interpersonal and leadership skills * Experience with the design and engineering analysis of complex electrical systems and issues
- LEED Accreditation would also be an asset
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
- Eligibility to obtain a TN Visa or Work permit to work in Canada AND the United States is mandatory
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Electrical Engineer is responsible but not limited to the following:
- Provide Electrical Engineering expert consultancy to clients on appropriate solutions and methods for delivery of requirements * Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Insure product designs are cost effective and meet required performance objectives through
specification review and the practical application of engineering principles, design
procedures, and industry standards.
- Review and check all assigned project electrical installation drawings for compliance with all
company and project instructions (One-line diagrams, electrical equipment location
drawings, plan drawings, details, schematics, wiring diagrams, etc.) of technical vendor
submittals for installation requirements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops;
reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform
- Design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical instruments, equipment, facilities,
components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes
- Confer with engineers, customers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering
projects and products.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, and
installation standards and specifications.
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Supervise and train project team members as necessary
- Manage and perform electrical engineering designs to ensure project goals are achieved
- Prepare electrical calculations in accordance with the relevant Canadian and International
- Prepare proposals and estimate of man hour budgets
- Provide day to day electrical support for ongoing field operations
- Compile data and write reports regarding existing and potential engineering studies and
- Oversee project production efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time
and within budget
Salary based on experience
SNP Technical Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from all people. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Only those interested in will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- automotive: 3 years (Preferred)
- project coordination: 3 years (Preferred)
- power distribution systems: 3 years (Preferred)
- EIT, P.E. MI, P.Eng ON (Preferred)