Acosys Consulting is looking to hire a Linux Administrator/ Engineer to join its leading health and benefits provider client.
Members of this team are responsible for creating and maintaining critical platforms for the organization, from data centers to servers. The solutions you’ll deliver, combined with your ability to keep our systems running, will have a major impact on patients’ health and their ability to access the medications they need to get and keep them healthy. Join us in our mission to change lives!
WHERE YOU'LL WORK
As a member of our infrastructure team, you’ll be responsible for making sure our systems work seamlessly and finding ways to improve functionality. We are always on the lookout for innovative people who will bring fresh thinking and perspectives the team.
- Work with Linux Architect to assist with new design and implementation projects, including design, testing, troubleshooting, installation, and implementation of upgrades or configurations, capacity planning and performance analysis
- Provide technical installation, implementation, and support of Linux and OpenShift private cloud environments
- Ability to analyze and uncover opportunities for maturing the ecosystem
- Thorough understanding and experience working in a secure, segmented environment, including Linux hardening procedures and other security best practices
- Attend daily/weekly stand-up meetings and interact regularly with peers to constantly improve Linux platforms and optimize delivery
- Automate, monitor & maintain Linux patching and backups for ~600 servers on multiple virtualization platforms
- Communicate status, provide quality documentation, and generate reports as requested
- Conduct studies analyzing users’ requirements, perform cost analysis, and identify alternative designs and solutions to ensure the client requirements are met
- Ability to write automation scripts for daily tasks to reduce administrative overhead
- Ability to provide off-hours Linux support on rotation as required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field
- 5 – 8 strong years of experience in Linux engineering, troubleshooting and design
- 5+ yrs experience with Linux in a 24x7 high volume transaction processing environment using segmented network architecture
- Ability to work in an Agile team, with Agile methodologies (i.e. Scrum, KanBan)
- General PC knowledge (i.e. Microsoft Office, Project, Visio, Internet, and Email)
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with RedHat Linux and OpenShift products
- RedHat certifications an asset
Job Type: Full-time
- Linux Engineering: 5 years (Required)