- Early Childhood Education diploma and Registration with the College of ECE's.
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Current Safe Food Handlers Certification an asset.
- Minimum 4 years experience with preschool/school age children.
- Administrative responsibilities related to running a program.
- First Aid and CPR certificate, updated Vulnerable Sector Check (must be prepared no earlier than 6 months before hire) and a medical requirements.
- Knowledge of daycare policies and procedures
- Licensing Criteria
- Child care and Early Years Act
- AQI Assessment for Quality Improvement
- ELECT Early Learning for Every Child Today
- Ability to implement legislation and regulation requirements (City and Provincial)
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer applications (Word, Excel).
- Demonstrate knowledge of classroom management
- Ability to work independently, be flexible, take initiative and take charge.
- Posses strong communication skills in relation to co-workers, children and parents.
- Provide daily attendance records, maintain a safe environment, organize space and materials, take inventory and replenish supplies
- Flexibility in adapting to change and in participating in consultative decision making processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain factual, concise and objective documentation.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Plan and implement curriculum that supports age group and incorporates child directed activities.
- Ability to interact with children in a positive manner and discuss daily events with parents.
- Incorporate behavior management skills that promote problem solving, positive reinforcement and redirection strategies.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent