AST Trust Company (Canada) is a full-service, tech-enabled professional services firm that helps companies and security holders across North America maintain momentum through the use of secure corporate data, analytics, advisory services, and a strategic approach to every interaction.
AST and its affiliates and divisions, including D.F. King Canada, are dedicated to supporting clients throughout their organization’s evolution. From IPOs to specialized transactions, activist investors to M&A support, we help companies streamline operations and increase efficiencies. We lead the industry with a comprehensive portfolio that includes transfer agent and registrar services, corporate governance, proxy and ownership services, equity plan solutions, corporate trust and structured financial services.
What we offer you
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced medical and dental coverage for employees and their dependents
- Health care spending account
- Short and long term disability benefits
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- RRSP program with employer match
- Paid sick days
AST is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to partake in the recruitment process.
About the role
Administer assigned projects, such as exchanges, redemptions, stock splits/dividends, takeover bids, rights issues, new stock and bond issues, and retractions, ensuring all client requirements are met.
- Review all materials for assigned projects and diarize key dates.
- Prepare a project budget for fee negotiation and monitoring purposes.
- Prepare procedural/informational documentation for distribution to co-agents and appropriate departments.
- Review internal communication memos regarding projects and comment on deficient items, either not addressed or inadequately addressed.
- In consultation with the Manager, establish time schedules, set priorities and determine PC requirements for projects. Test and approve PC program functionality. Determine staffing needs for projects and arrange for training.
- Review all incoming deposits for assigned projects and reject incomplete deposits.
- Sign CDS agreements and other documents as authorized, and ensure that the details of the agreements are acceptable and meet the requirements of the prospectus, etc.
- Issue or co-ordinate issuance of credit shares, cheques, commissions, tax slips, etc., ensuring that proper controls are in place and client requirements met.
- Answer enquiries regarding projects from the financial and legal community.
- Balance projects and prepare figures to be reported to corporate clients; prepare status reports documenting all necessary information.
- Ensure all fee-related activities and expenses are identified, reported and charged; identify cases where rush and/or special handling charges should apply; liaise with Bulk Mail, Client Services and Fee Billing.
- Report to Treasury on large amounts of funds received or paid out, to maximize investment potential.
- Ensure funds are received from clients to meet payment obligations for assigned projects; ensure adequate funding is in place for any mandatory acquisition payments if required.
- Participate in the development and delivery of new initiatives undertaken within Corporate Restructures.
- Provide monthly statistics for fee and performance reporting purposes.
- High school diploma, or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in similar role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work simultaneously on a wide range of tasks and projects and the ability to prioritize
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients with the proven ability to understand clients’ needs and develop the appropriate solutions
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Thrives in a team environment as well as an effective independent worker
- Poised under pressure and multitasking a heavy workload
If this sounds like you, then AST encourages you to apply. Please send your resume and cover letter as one document with the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Job Type: Full-time
- Financial Services: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office Suite: 2 years (Preferred)
- Administration or Back Office: 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)