Wesgroup Properties started as a family business in British Columbia more than 50 years ago and today is one of Western Canada’s largest private real estate organizations with a diversified portfolio spanning residential and commercial real estate in most asset classes. Wesgroup owns and manages over 3.0 million square feet of commercial property and has built more than 7000 homes in 100 communities.
Wesgroup is seeking a full-time Marketing Social Media and Digital Specialist to join our creative and highly skilled real estate marketing team. This intermediate to senior level position will be responsible for supporting our team in execution of marketing and communications strategies for presell and rental communities as well as corporate initiatives. This role reports to the Director of Marketing.
We are seeking a creative person with the courage and vision to try new things who is also committed to process. You have a keen eye for aesthetics and can write compelling content that stands out in a crowded channel. You are a self-proclaimed numbers junkie but your work speaks for itself (through stats and analytics, of course). You are eager to grow and want an opportunity to show what you can do. This is a new position at Wesgroup and you have the ability to shape and mold it as you see fit. We are excited to meet you!
Collaborating with the Director of Marketing, to reach key objectives for Wesgroup, their communities, special events and project launches your responsibilities will include:
Create Integrated Social Media Strategies
- Continue to grow an engaged, real community of followers and contributors on our multiple accounts with multiple channels.
- Monitor user engagement and brainstorm areas to improve content, reach and engagement.
- Build our online community by identifying opportunities to collaborate with like-minded organizations, influencers and other social accounts
- Monitor industry trends, identifying opportunities for social strategies
Create Content Calendars
- Includes mentoring and managing the content contributors from each of Wesgroup’s internal departments
- Create quarterly monthly content calendars
- Create and schedule posts
Manage and Create Custom Content
- Create strategies to bring engaging content in our social channels and which can include events, photography, infographics, contests, blog posts, videos and more.
- Content to integrate with other communication channels wherever possible including advertising, PR, website content.
- Create layout recommendations, write copy and oversee creative development of graphics
Support the Development and Execution of Paid Digital Media Strategies
- Includes graphic layout recommendations for display ads, copy for search engine marketing, paid social ads and more
Monitor Social Media Feeds
- Includes creation of a response referral sheet on key questions/areas of discussion.
- Feedback back to marketing teams or internal parties as needed for further communication plans/touchpoints along user journey
Create Bi-Monthly Summary Reporting
- Capture and analyze metrics across the multiple accounts and channels
- Provide in-depth monthly overview of content wins and opportunities
- Set specific objectives and report costs vs growth
- Track competitor accounts and report on their strategic wins/losses
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience working in social/digital marketing required
- Experience with developing social media strategy required
- Adept at creating reports including set up of google analytics
- Experience with Wordpress
- Exceptional copywriting and communication skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, PhotoShop) considered an asset
- Basic photography skills, including DSLR and photo editing capabilities considered an asset
We will provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate as well as a professional and rewarding working environment. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please visit our website at www.wesgroup.ca/careers/ and apply with your resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Life insurance
- Bonus scheme
- Work from home opportunities
- Vacation & paid time off
- Discounted/free food
- Company events & social hours
- Subsidised gym membership
- Employee assistance programs
- Education reimbursement
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Social Media Marketing: 4 years (Preferred)
- Digital Media Marketing: 4 years (Preferred)