We believe that outstanding care starts with outstanding people.
At Runnymede Healthcare Centre, we actively cultivate work-life balance and invest in the resources our staff need to do their best work
Our award-winning, fully accredited hospital takes an inter-professional team approach to care. We provide comprehensive clinical services to patients who require expert treatment, extended rehabilitation and daily care beyond what can be provided at home or in the community. At Runnymede we have a single, clear purpose: improve the quality of life of every patient, every day.
If you want to join a centre of excellence with a multidisciplinary team who supports the delivery of patient-centered care, we want to hear from you today.
Utilization Coordinator – Intake – Permanent Full-Time: The Utilization Coordinator - Intake serves as the coordinating contact between the referring organization, inter-professional team, patient and/or Substitute Decision Maker (SDM). The Utilization Coordinator - Intake works collaboratively with the referring agency, to facilitate a safe and efficient transition to Runnymede Healthcare Centre (RHC). As the primary contact for all admissions, (s)he provides pertinent information to referring organizations prior to and during the admission process, assesses each patient placement and ensures appropriate access to services.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2021 @ 16h00
- Plans, coordinates and manages all inpatient referrals and admissions to RHC.
- Works collaboratively with the referring source to ensure awareness of the admission criteria and application process to RHC.
- Evaluates the application for admission to determine appropriateness based on admission criteria.
- Conduct clinical assessment to evaluate appropriateness of referred patients based on established program’s criteria, including patient’s ability to succeed within a rehabilitative care delivery model.
- Informs the referral source of decision of the application for admission.
- Establishes the initial contact with the referral source.
- Coordinates the date and time of patient admissions or transfers with the referring/receiving facility.
- Facilitates and coordinates seamless flow of external patient admissions, transfers, and discharges that ensure “the right patient is placed in the right bed at the right time” to optimize maximum bed capacity.
- Liaises with inter-professional team members as required to plan a safe and effective transition of care.
- Collects and maintains accurate records during the pre-admission process.
- Establishes initial contact with the patient and/or SDM when the application for admission is accepted.
- Works collaboratively with the clinical operation leadership team to develop strategies/Clinical Pathways to improve and enhance admission and flow.
- Manages the waiting list and occupancy in accordance with RHC Bed Management Guidelines.
- Monitors patient transfers to acute care and ensures compliance to bed holding policy.
- Actively promotes a culture of safety for both patients and employees by participating in safety education and training, by reporting incidents or unsafe situations to his/her supervisor, and by complying with the hospital’s safe work practices.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications/experience:
- Minimum of Diploma in a healthcare related field
- Member in good standing with a professional healthcare related regulatory college required
- Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe CS5.
- Minimum (2-3) years clinical experience preferably in a Rehabilitation/ Complex Continuing Care setting
- Demonstrated expertise with geriatric, neurological and MSK conditions
- Minimum two years related work experience in a strategic communications role.
- Proven track record of success in developing and implementing internal communications programs that reach a diverse employee base.
- Ability and flexibility to manage multiple and changing deadlines. Solid project management skills.
- Experience managing or supporting development and maintenance of an intranet.
- Knowledge of marketing and public relations principles.
- Must be able to attend functions outside normal business hours, as required.
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Runnymede Healthcare Centre values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to employment equity and providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA).
Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment purposes only and not for any other purpose.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $63,447.00-$69,046.00 per year