Since 1945 – Family owned and operated - Eassons Transportation Group is headquartered in Kentville NS, with terminals in Kentville NS, Sydney NS, Albany PEI, Moncton NB, Mount Pearl NL, Belleville ON and Mississauga ON. Eassons operates approximately 325 trucks and employs over 500 people. Eassons Transportation Group provides dry and temperature controlled TL/LTL services across Canada and the United States.
Eassons Transport Ltd is currently seeking a AP Supervisor.
The successful candidate will have two main functions
- Lead the payables team in accurately and timely processing all payables for the company. Keeping the team on track, jumping in to help when needed, finding ways to increase efficiency, searching for/negotiating cost saving opportunities and managing performance of subordinates.
- Take ownership of fleet fuel purchasing/management systems and processes. This includes organizing and optimizing fleet fuel card management, purchase data analysis, internal reporting, price monitoring and vendor negotiating.
- Performance manage payables team members
- Organize team member duties to efficiently process payables
- Implement processes and optimize software to ensure accurate coding of invoices
- Take ownership of maintaining up to date vendor profiles
- Process complex payables and manage certain costs (cell phone, desk phone, etc)
- Coordinate regular cheque/EFT payments to vendors
- Liaise with vendors to resolve discrepancies and payment terms
- Ensure fuel purchase processes efficiently and accurately capture data for quarterly IFTA returns and internal reporting
- Take ownership of fleet fuel card management
- Analyze data and prepare fuel consumption reports for management
- Monitor fuel pricing trends and develop systems to direct fuel location decisions
- Demonstrated leadership experience managing subordinates
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in an accounting position
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, with advanced Excel skills (pivot tables & advanced formulas)
- Strong computer skills working with accounting software
- Experience in trucking industry considered an asset
- College or University diploma/degree in accounting or business
Skills and Aptitudes
- Self-motivated, highly organized and demonstrate a commitment to deadlines
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High attention to detail while managing large volumes of transactions
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated initiative; strong work ethic and able to work with minimal supervision/direction
- The successful candidate will be offered a competitive compensation package along with complete benefits.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce and we welcome applications from all equity groups. If you are a member of one of the equity groups you are encouraged to self-identify on your cover letter or your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 3 years (Required)