The Roles and Responsibilities for this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a strong working relationships with other workers/supervisors and clients.
- Follow and be an advocate for all safety rules, policies and procedures as per the client's health and safety program
- Follow the company’s HSE program, and all other applicable legislation.
- Intervene any unsafe acts and unsafe working conditions and take appropriate action to influence safe behaviors and create a safe working environment.
- Audit worksites for non-compliance safetyissues and recommend corrective actions.
- Be adaptable to change and stay current with applicable legislation
- Participate in, and review hazard assessments and enforce preventative measures
- Organize and participate in investigations as required
- Prepare for and hold safety meetings and site training (for field staff, office staff – including upper management)
- Have the ability to speak in front of large groups of people/clients
- Investigate all safety accidents and incidents.
- Manage Corrective actions as a result of third party interventions and internalinvestigations/observations
- To perform internal audits and communicate findings with staff and management.
- Promote understanding and compliance with Company OHS
- Maintain high level of integrity and confidentiality with regard to company information
- Interface with multiple departments and individuals in various capacities in a professional, courteous and respectful manner
- Ensures adherence to all of Company’s Management’s Quality policies and procedures
- Assist in developing, formatting and maintaining OHS document files, both printed and digital
- Assist the Operations Manager on any other duties as requested
- Act as lead contact for Occupational Health and Safety audits
- Must be able to think and react quickly in high stress times
- Post-Secondary Education in OHS (or working towards)
- Experience working in an industrial, construction or residential setting
- Working knowledge of OHS
- Ability to work within strict deadlines
- Must be able to work without constant supervision
- Excellent reading, proof-reading, editing, and technical writing skills and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Must have proficient computer and software skills on Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat.
Previous experience in developing Safety Procedures, Formal Hazard Assessments and Site Safety/Emergency Response Plans.
If chosen to come in for an interview the applicant must be able to bring a support SWP,SJP,JHA document that they developed as this position entails a lot of procedure development.
This position requires office experience and field experience. Resumes will not be considered if either of these 2 areas of experience are not met.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 /hour
- Safety Advising: 3 years (Preferred)