Reporting to the supervisor, is responsible for providing various accounting, financial, statistical and administrative services to the Community and Health Services Department including time entry, accounts payable and receivable, service provider and operator payments and preparing and processing journal entries; providing financial and statistical recording, monitoring, reconciliation and reporting; and maintaining accounts files and computerized records.
- Successful completion of a Post Secondary Certificate/Diploma (1 year or more) in Accounting or Business field or related program or approved combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in a general accounting field and in developing spreadsheet and/or database applications for financial analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
- Knowledge of general accounting practices and procedures and general office procedures including records management.
- Mathematical aptitude and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with policies and procedures governing time entry, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
: 0830 – 1630
How to Apply
Please apply online by July 8, 2020. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$30.65 to $33.33 per hour
Union position - CUPE Local 905 (York Region Unit)