Francis Canada Truck Centre is hiring a EVENING (3PM-MIDNIGHT) 310T - Licensed Tech Lead hand. This position would be a great opportunity for any new 310T techs that have just finished their apprenticeships and looking to step into a supervisor role. We offer a base salary of $35/hr plus training bonuses that are very competitive.
We are a fast-paced Elite dealership which services Freightliner, Western Star, Thomas Bus, and other heavy-duty truck and highway tractors. Potential candidates should be self-driven individuals that can work in a team environment as well as on their own.
Job duties include, but not limited to:
- Supervise 4+ technicians and apprentices.
- Organize and distribute shop work with the back-counter service advisor by evaluating each job and prioritizing by importance, all while balancing express assess and customer bookings.
- Assist with the coordination of Express Assessment including all communication commitment to Elite Support Dealer requirements.
- Oversee and direct licensed tech and apprentices throughout repair and advise back counter advisor.
- Review and sign off on repair estimates (parts and labour) created by technicians and assist when required.
- Communicate with customers when required.
- Review and audit repair orders once completed; this includes review of labour, parts, repair validation (road tests) and quality control.
- Monitor shop efficiency, productivity and quality workmanship
- Aid in technician and apprentice development by reviewing performance with the Service Manager and implement training when required.
- Diagnose and repair chassis, major component electronics.
- Diagnose and repair engines/components
- Diagnose / overhaul transmissions/rear axles
- Repair cab interior/exterior
- Completing proper paperwork, this includes abiding by warranty requirements (three C's)
- Work within warranty and company guidelines and procedures
- Knowledge of dealership repair procedures and intermediate to advance computer skills is necessary.
- Knowledge of dealer software and OEM systems and warranty is an asset.
- Technical knowledge of the following systems is an asset;
Chassis: Freightliner, Western Star, Thomas Bus o Engines: Detroit, Cummins
Transmissions: Mercedes Benz, Eaton o Axles: Detroit, Meritor
- Must have minimum of 2+ years experience in the Heavy Truck industry; dealer training an asset.
- Personal Attributes required: time management, organization, strategic thinking, ability to adapt to change, flexibility, and strong interpersonal skills.
We offer a competitive compensation package including health, dental, and vision benefits, as well as a RRSP Profit sharing program.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00 /hour
- Mechanical: 3 years (Required)