Job title :
CONTACT TRACER AIDE – KAMLOOPS
KAMLOOPS S CENTRAL HEALTH
PROJECT POSITION FULL TIME
Interior Health is looking for a reliable and flexible Project Position Full Time Contact Tracer Aide to join their team in Kamloops.
The Contact Tracer Aide performs work in support of COVID-19 contact tracing by contacting individuals via telephone, text, Skype, and Zoom, following established scripts, guidelines, decision making tools, policies and procedures.
This position will run until approximately December 31, 2021.
Some duties of the position:
- Contacts COVID-19 infected individuals by telephone to collect all available information regarding contact for a specific period of time, in accordance with established procedures and algorithms for appropriate client populations.
- Informs named contacts by telephone that they have been exposed to someone with positive COVID-19 results and what action is recommended according to algorithms, and ensures that confidentiality is maintained at all times. Refers more complex issues to the assigned clinical staff for follow up, as required.
- Communicates with assigned contacts, administers a questionnaire for symptoms, provides information regarding testing, and provides instructions for isolation, in accordance with established algorithms. Assists contacts to enroll with Telus Home Health Monitoring System. Follows up with contacts to confirm information and documents actions taken. Reports concerns to the supervisor.
- Communicates negative test results to patients and provides information about basic infection control practices to prevent any potential future transmission of disease, in accordance with established guidelines.
- Provides routine information regarding resources available in the community, using approved script or resource list, as required.
- Performs general word-processing and data entry functions such as inputting client information.
- Maintains individual records and necessary documentation according to the policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
** This position is with the Communicable Disease Unit COVID-19 Response Team. The location is flexible.
Grade 12, plus six (6) months’ recent, related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to deal with others in challenging situations
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Knowledge of Business English
- Knowledge of general office procedures