Lead Program Analyst, Grid 24
Service BC, MAXIMUS Canada
In & Out of Service
MAXIMUS Canada is an industry leader in the provisioning of products and services to support the delivery of government services in North America and internationally. With operations across Canada and around the globe, MAXIMUS provides innovative, practical and meaningful solutions to help government programs and services function more effectively and efficiently.
We are constantly assessing new technology, processes and methods of delivering services to the citizens of Canada. With our expertise in program information management, claims processing, contact centre services, document processing and information technology, we are positioned for significant growth.
MAXIMUS Canada offers competitive market-based salaries, comprehensive employer-paid benefits and a defined-benefit pension plan or a Group RSP with employer-matching contributions, for eligible employees. Our people also get some great perks too, such as employee appreciation events throughout the year, along with a supportive results-oriented work environment.
Join us here in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia to experience the best of the West Coast lifestyle. You will work in an environment that will challenge you and reward your achievements. Your downtime can be spent exploring all the West Coast has to offer – scenic beauty, culinary experiences, cultural events and outdoor activities. We have it all! Located in the heart of downtown, our location offers easy access to every amenity.
MAXIMUS Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At MAXIMUS Canada, we believe that our culture strengthens our commitment to Helping Government Serve the People. We foster a culture that respects and values individual contributions and differences. At MAXIMUS Canada we believe in the following four core values:
Our customers' business needs inform everything we do. We start by developing relationships built on trust and respect. We listen, and incorporate their diverse experience into our services and solutions, and we show our understanding with clear communication.
With decades of experience delivering government programs, we balance tried and tested processes with a desire for continuous improvement. We take the time to plan and benchmark our performance – it's the path to success.
Results and Delivery
Great results depend on setting high, measurable standards of excellence and achieving the numbers. We challenge each other and hold one another accountable to our commitments.
A Great Place to Work
MAXIMUS Canada promotes a challenging work environment, empowering our employees to get the job done. If you want to work in an environment that recognizes and rewards accomplishments while caring about each other and the communities we serve, this could be the place for you.
Service BC is a citizen centric front-line support service administered by MAXIMUS Canada to assist residents and visitors to the province with information on the hundreds of programs and services the government offers. The strategic focus of Service BC is continual modernization and channel and service expansion to ensure citizens are able to access services from a single source in the format they choose. Service BC has leveraged industry best practices and introduced leading edge technology to become a leader in its sector. A recent recipient of the BenchMark Portal Centre of Excellence designation and winner of the 2019 Service to the Citizen Award in the international category, through the US Service to the Citizen Awards program that recognizes excellence in public service delivery.
The Lead Program Analyst will act as a key business representative for the Service BC Contact Centre, and will apply their analytical and technical skills to business requests and projects in order to assist management in meeting their operational and financial goals/KPIs. The Lead Program Analyst will be responsible to identify ways in which the Contact Centre platform can be leveraged to meet operational needs.
The Lead Program Analyst will work closely with the IT Management Team, Project Managers, Business Development resources, Finance, external vendors and Service BC Operations Management to oversee client requests and develop initiatives and strategies that optimize costs and enhance citizen experience within the Service BC.
In addition, the Lead Program Analyst will work closely with the appropriate groups in MAXIMUS to gather order-of-magnitude and detailed project estimates for a variety of client requests, change orders and project implementations.
- The Service BC Lead Program Analyst will have a thorough understanding of the programs and services offered within the Service BC contact centre and its underlying technology
- The Lead Program Analyst will co-ordinate evaluation of IT applications and systems, business functions, processes, and procedures to identify areas for improvement
- The Lead Program Analyst will facilitate estimates and forecasts for projects and continuous improvement initiatives
- Engage internal teams and vendors to implement client requests and see them through to completion.
- Facilitate the production of project estimates and monitor project progress by tracking activities, resolving problems, publishing status reports and recommending actions
- Work with others as required to prepare the necessary documentation for presentation to the senior management team
- Identify areas for improvement and facilitate development of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure project costs are appropriately allocated to project tasks and clients
- Participate in vendor and product selections for Service BC
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues
- Apply analytical skills to business requests (which are often high level or lacking in detail) and communicate these business wants/needs in a clear and unambiguous manner
- For larger projects, the Lead Program Analyst may assist the assigned Project Manager (PM)
- Maintain and track an ongoing status report outlining the status, along with estimates to actuals for all requests
- Create and communicate time tracking codes for requests in progress
Education and Experience
- Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in systems analysis, information systems, computer science or a related field
- 3+ years’ experience in a Business Analyst role
- Experience successfully implementing and/or supporting enterprise applications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in release planning, business systems analysis and documentation, business process reengineering, business case development, and status reporting
- Knowledge of Contact Centre systems, infrastructure and processes
- Problem solver and who can methodically analyze and resolve business challenges within budget, and who is comfortable with peer and supervisory feedback
- A desire to learn and adopt new processes for continual improvement and to keep abreast of new methodologies and processes
Results and Delivery
- Defines appropriate goals
- Works toward achieving goals
- Articulates vision and steps for achievement
- Maintains current understanding of technical processes and equipment
- Uses technology to increase performance and productivity
- Understands the balance between our capabilities, the customer’s expectations, and the parameters in which we operate
- Uses open, honest communication to develop relationships built on trust and mutual respect
- Seeks to incorporate the experience of our diverse customers
- Builds relationships through personal credibility, as opposed to formal authority
- Takes the time to properly plan
- Data-driven and detail-focused
- Seeks out opportunities for continuous improvement
- Maintains confidentiality
We will be accepting applications until 9:00 pm (PST) on Friday, November 1, 2019.
An eligibility list may be established for this, or similar vacancies within the company.
New hires will start at a probationary rate of $34.52 up to 913 hours worked.
Please note that while all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.