JENSEN HUGHES has a newly created position for a Billing Specialist in our Richmond, British Columbia office.
JENSEN HUGHES is the global leader in engineering consulting services for the built environment. We are a company of engineers, consultants, and scientists focused on evaluating risks and diligently developing the best, most cost effective solutions. We offer extensive, practical experience through countless projects, research and industry innovation. The services we provide include fire protection systems design and analysis, code consulting, risk assessment, commissioning, forensic, environmental, security, research, development and testing services. Our global clients include a majority of Fortune 500 companies and cover the following sectors: energy, healthcare, education, hospitality, industrial, corporate real estate, transportation, government and military. We are the choice for securing the safety of people and assets.
We are seeking a self-motivated Billing Specialist to play a crucial role within the Accounting and Finance Department. The ideal candidate is a hungry career driven individual who manages tight deadlines, strives to improve processes, and acts with a sense of urgency. The role will be responsible in helping drive and manage the company’s billing cycle; with a key focus on managing unbilled and unbilled DSOs.
- Actively drive the monthly billing process and cadence
- Partner with Project Accounting and Business Operations to drive billing results
- Ensure billings are aligned to our contractual obligations
- Help manage and the drive the companies unbilled balance with a focus on lowering DSO
- Support analysis of results and tracking, tending and analysis of other Company KPIs
- Work on process improvements and process documentation around unbilled and billing
- Perform other ad hoc assignments
- Bachelors of Science in Finance, Accounting or related field of study (preferred)
- Experience in project based service firms (preferred)
- Costpoint or larger ERP experience (preferred)
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in billing and/or related areas
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Detailed orientated with a focus on transactional excellence
- Sense of urgency and ability to independently prioritize competing deadlines
- A self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as within a team setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with high proficiency in Excel