Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
The purpose of the Product Support Analyst is to provide internal tier 3 product support for Ceridian’s Tax applications, engines, production environment and back-office solution products to various internal customer groups including Service Delivery, Implementation, and Operations. Tasks include analysis, in depth trouble shooting & problem solving, documentation, and communication of issues.
The successful candidate will be drawing upon their experience, skills and product knowledge to determine root cause of escalated issues. The ability to effectively manage the communication of these issues and possible solutions to the Business, Product Management, and the Product Development team is critical. Knowledge of Payroll and HR systems along with Ceridian Business processes will assist in determining appropriate solutions and actions to take with respect to these issues. The candidate will assist in the creation of processes and procedures to meet changing business needs or product functionality to develop strong relationships with stakeholders in the business. The ideal candidate will also act as a liaison between Product Development and all Service teams, assisting in identifying functional customer and staff usage requirements.
The ideal candidate is a customer centric, creative, a demonstrated technical leader and hands-on contributor working with a variety of technologies and environments with excellent problem solving and multi-tasking abilities.
Key Responsibility Areas:
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert, consultant and analyst to ensure high stakeholder satisfaction
- Manage and own the investigation, analysis and resolution of issues reported on Ceridian’s core products and processes.
- Work proactively with the Development team to diagnose and determine cause of issues encountered during support of the products
- Work proactively to minimize or eliminate recurring problems for our internal and external customers
- Aid in identifying improvements to existing processes and ensure quality communication of changes
- Coordinate with other areas of the Ceridian business to roll-out initiatives in a timely fashion
- Participate in Organizational Readiness activities to ensure that Product Support activities related to new functionality and releases are identified and in place to meet deadlines
- Gather and analyze support data to recommend departmental enhancements
- Act as a representative of the Product Support Team, to ensure business needs are met
- Create internal communications and documentation including Known issues and Informational Bulletins
- Work with the rest of the Product Support team to standardize support processes across all payroll engines and payroll/HR applications.
Education and Experience:
- Proficiency with SQL and an understanding of relational database systems.
- Experience trouble shooting web-based applications
- Experience in creating Ad Hoc, parameterized reports, linked reports and snapshots using SQL SSRS
- Strong analytical skills; demonstrated ability to bring high complexity customer issues to resolution
- Experience in a tier 3 support environment
- Previous experience in the Microsoft Azure or Cloud environments preferred.
- Proven experience with technical trouble-shooting using multiple tools and methodologies
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in facilitation of meetings geared to drive out requirements from stakeholders
- Negotiation skills to manage conflicting needs and bring about consensus on issues
- Experience supporting applications in a .NET web framework.
- Understanding of product development lifecycle and processes
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively and estimate tasks within a project schedule
- Thorough, concise and detail-oriented
- Strong team player who can work cross-functionally
- Post-secondary education in a technical field and a minimum 2 – 5 years’ experience working in a technical or customer system support environment or equivalent
- Knowledgeable in payroll and HR systems and products an asset
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.