Structural steel workers install iron or steel beams, girders, and columns to form buildings, bridges, and other modular and architectural structures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work on projects of various sizes; erecting steel as required on site with safety and quality in mind
- Perform general ground procedures, steel structure assembly, raising and securing structural steel
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications; work out how to fit the steelwork together following engineers instructions
- Lifting and guiding components into position with cranes
- Lining up and levelling steelwork before bolting or welding it in place
- Work from mobile elevated work platforms to gain safe access to sections off the ground
- Work on the structure itself using proper working at heights procedures
- Loading / Offloading trucks and staging materials
- Assist with regular maintenance/repairs on equipment and tools
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions including heat, snow, rain
- Strong organizational, and time management skills, calm and positive attitude under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, demonstrate initiative, multi-task, and adjust priorities based on project needs
- Report any safety issues to supervisor/project manager immediately
- Follow all Safety rules, policies and procedures and wear required PPE at all times
- Represent the company in a professional manner and treat fellow team members with dignity and respect
- Come to work every day, on time and put forth a 100% effort
- Ability to work overtime as necessary to meet project deadlines
MEASURE(S) OF PERFORMANCE
This position will be deemed to be performing in a satisfactory manner when the following has been met or exceeded:
- Delivering responsibilities as cited in the above section Responsibilities & Duties.
- Internal and external customers receive exceptional service.
- 3 - 5 years of related experience
- Valid G class licence (AZ and asset)
- Good understanding of the English language
- Good communication, oral and written skills
- Commitment to corporate goals
- Must be comfortable working at heights
- Read and interpret blueprints and engineered drawings
- Basic knowledge of the operation and safety requirements of power tools
- Must be a team player and possess a positive and professional attitude towards work and others
- Basic understanding of industry standard installation guidelines
- Training in: Working at Heights, Fall Arrest, WHMIS, Safe Climbing, Rigging Techniques
Compensation will be based on experience and capability. We offer group benefits, training and development, in a fast paced and enjoyable work environment.
Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time