We have an opportunity for a part time position up to 25 hours per week for an Administrative Assistant based in St Joseph Parish, Killam AB, in support of parishes located in Killam, Daysland and Heisler.
The responsibilities include support for reception, secretarial, communications, programs, volunteer coordination and administrative support. May require some weekend, holiday and evening work for events and meetings. The successful candidate will collaborate with other parish staff, parish pastoral council and finance committee members for overall care of the parishes.
· Experience working in a professional office is required.
· Systems knowledge in records management database such as Sage and Parish Friendly, Microsoft Office including Word & Excel and social media platforms such as Facebook.
· Formal post-secondary education in business administration, office management or other related training is preferred.
· Must be personable, service oriented, a good communicator both verbal and written, and be able to maintain harmonious relationships with priest, volunteers, parishioners and visitors.
· Active Catholic faith life and abides by the teachings of Catholicism in his/her personal life is preferred.
· Valid driver’s licence and reliable transportation.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a resume quoting the job title “Administrative Assistant Killam” in the subject line to HRPastoral at caedm.ca. We thank all those who apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday