Department: Cardiac Rhythm Device Clinic
Hours of Work: Part-Time Position; Days 0800-1600
Pay Band: BAND-C $22.612-$25.056 per hour
Location: Kingston General Hospital Site
In accordance with Article 9.05, where the previous incumbent returns to this position within the thirty (30) day trial period this position shall be deemed not vacant and the posting will be cancelled. Should the vacancy be cancelled, applicants to this posting shall be notified.
Under the direction of the Program Manager or delegate, the Receptionist organizes all paperwork for patient files, tests, appointments; ensures appropriate paperwork is in place when patients are seen in clinic; manages all telephone inquiries, transferring calls as necessary and appropriate; accurately enters data into the Patient Care System (PCS), Pace-art and shared drive systems, The Receptionist will communicate effectively and professionally with all members of the health care team.
- Answers telephone courteously and professionally. Responds to patient questions or transfers calls as appropriate to the Cardiac Care Coordinator’s Office, a Health Care Professional (HCP), the Reception Desk, etc.
- Works with CRDC RN, Registration, and Reception staff to arrange patient appointments for the CRDC Clinic.
- Prepares patient charts for post device implant. Ensures all charts are pulled and prepared well ahead of patient’s clinic visit.
- Files charts after all clinic visits when appropriate follow-up is complete,
- Performs duties to ensure systems of workflow, file storage and communication etc., support the efficient and effective operation of CRDC.
- Maintains Pace-art data base with accurate patient information and demographics
- Ensures patient information is shared expediently with physicians, Registered Nurses (RN’s) and other centers as requested.
- Keeps equipment in work area clean, (ie dusts computer, washes telephone periodically.)
- Under the direction of the CRDC Nursing Coordinator will assist with any follow up required by patients who have devices under advisory.
- Office Administration Diploma plus a Medical Terminology certificate, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in the cardiac care environment as a unit clerk or registration, reception clerk within the last five years.
- Demonstrated excellence with communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to cooperate and collaborate with the healthcare team.
- Demonstrated medical terminology proficiency and dictatyping skills.
- Ability to cope with frequent interruptions (multitasking) and to meet deadlines (time management).
- Keyboarding 45 WPM
- Demonstrated knowledge of windows based applications: including Word (level 1), Excel (Level 1), electronic mail and scheduler
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check and vulnerable sector search required.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.