We are looking for a produce manager to lead our newly renovated produce department for a very busy location. We are looking someone to lead our produce team and to implement our produce program. Must have at least 5 years management in produce.
Duties are not limited to the following:
- Ordering produce from suppliers and visiting suppliers.
- Finding new sources and new suppliers to increase product lines.
- Scheduling staff and working with your team.
- Have a "get it done" mentality and motivate team members.
- Must know quality control programs and inventory management.
- Be polite with customers.
- Have knowledge with merchandising and colors schemes.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Retail business
- Retail/wholesale establishment/distribution center
- Implement price and credits policies
- Develop and implement marketing strategies
- Determine merchandise and services to be sold
- Determine staffing requirements
- Manage staff and assign duties
- Study market research and trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and effect of competitors' operations on sales
- Locate, select and procure merchandise for resale
- Resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints and supply shortages
- Recruit, hire and supervise staff and/or volunteers
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Handling heavy loads
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
Ability to Supervise
Work Location Information
- Team player
- Client focus
- Positive attitude
- Quick learner
- Time management
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Produce Manager: 2 years (Required)