Location: Fiddick’s Nursing Home, Petrolia ON
Status : Full Time Permanent
Date Posted: August 2020
Deadline for Application: August 20th
The ideal candidate for the Activity Assistant position is an enthusiastic and self-motivated person who is able to work independently and as a team utilizing their initiative to plan and implement recreational and therapeutic activities to meet the various needs and interests of the residents at Fiddick’s Nursing Home. The position requires working 12pm to 8pm Monday-Friday and every other weekend.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Completing initial activity assessments and admission orientation for new residents.
· Organizing and creating a monthly activity calendar which encompasses spiritual, physical, cognitive, emotional, and social programs.
· Encouraging and recording resident participation in activities.
· Completion of MDS documentation and care plans on time using Point Click Care;
· Working independently and as a team to plan, set-up, lead and evaluate group and individual activities.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
· A post-secondary diploma or degree in recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation or related field OR is currently enrolled in a community college or university in a diploma or degree program in such a field.
· Minimum 2 years experience working with seniors and knowledge of therapeutic recreation programs for residents with Alzheimer’s, dementia, and other related disease.
· Current CPR certificate and First Aid.
· Computer proficiency in widely used applications such as word, email, publisher, excel.
· Excellent motivational and communication skills and demonstrates teamwork.
· Current police check required.
· Smart Serve and Food Handlers Certificate
Please forward your resume to
Miranda Cole, Activity Director
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent