Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to operate asphalt paver with attention to detail and emphasis on craftsmanship is an asset.
- Ability to operate paving related equipment.
- Perform daily maintenance and adjustments to the equipment.
- Ability to guide and direct dump trucks while backing up to machine hopper when operating paver.
- Understanding of all aspects of the paving industry.
- Must perform additional tasks of other positions as needed and instructed by foreman.
- Minimum two years related asphalt and road construction experience is an asset.
- Ability to do physical work in a variety of weather conditions.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required, long hours.
- Be willing to work overtime and weekends when necessary.
- Must have strong work ethic.
- Communication skills with the ability to communicate in a team environment with supervisors, co-workers and general public alike, in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Dependable, on- time.
- Willingness to be a team player.
Wages will be determined based on experience. Please indicate which position(s) you are applying for on resume/application. Please provide references.
If you are interested in joining our growing company, please email your resume to careers@Meseyton.com, call 204-239-6267, or visit us on Highway #1 West of Portage la Prairie, to fill out an application.
Only eligible candidates will be contacted.