If you're interested, please select "message to the employer" and include answers to the following questions:
1. What are some risks of upgrading from PHP 5.6 to PHP 7.0?
2. Name a popular LAMP CMS.
We are hiring a tier 2 Linux systems administrator for a reputable and growing web hosting company based in the beautiful city of Vancouver. The team prides themselves in being able to provide a "white glove" experience for their customers, and are looking for someone who has the perfect blend of technical expertise with strong customer service.
This team is the tier 2/3 escalation team providing technical support services to companies primarily for their LAMP stack websites. Issues and requests can range from helping configure client websites and applications for SSL to provisioning and managing VMware virtual machines for private cloud customers.
Location: Mount Pleasant
Years of experience: 2-6 years
Reports to: Director, Service Desk
Compensation: $60,000 to $70,000 per year
- Linux - any flavour (Gentoo would be a bonus)
- Apache or NGINX; experience with setting up and configuring web servers
- SQL database experience (MySQL preferred)
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical problems
Nice to haves: (if you don't know these, you'll definitely learn!)
- Understanding of DNS and SSL certificates
- Have worked with or configured PHP or PERL
- Excellent customer support/service
What's in it for you?
- Brand new office located in Mount Pleasant
- Dogs in the office
- Company will invest in your growth via courses and training
- Competitive health benefits
- Flexibility in working from home
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year