ETG Commodities Inc. is a fast-growing pulses and specialty crops company with over $250 million of revenue and over 300,000 MT of annual volume. ETG has three primarily operating divisions: 1. Export Trade; 2. Import Wholesale, and; 3. Facility Operations. The Company is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario and has operating facilities in Ontario and Saskatchewan, including warehousing and processing plants, along with a large-scale splitting facility.
TW Commodities a division of ETG Commodities Inc. is looking for a Plant Manager to join our team.The plant manager is responsible for effectively managing all aspects of the processing and splitting plant (such as: cleaning, sizing, splitting, loading/unloading, etc.) and performs maintenance activities and verification/implementation of systems to ensure food safety and quality of the products. This position is also responsible for:
- Oversee Cleaning process, including equipment, grain (origin/quality/specs/receiving), staff (assessment/training/development).
- Provide leadership and supervise processing staff to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to safety standards and any applicable legislation.
- Create a high performing culture with the processing team to embrace innovation and problem-solving.
- Assist in the preparation oversee and maintain the development of the processing department budget while ensuring the costs of the processing plant are well managed.
- Develop, maintain and improve processing systems to ensure that all production are delivered to budget.
- Delivers Operating profit and cash flow.
- Monitor through appropriately developed reporting systems plant performance and recommend, plan and implement future plant and equipment optimization strategies.
- Create a working environment which ensures that employees and contractors gain new skills and achieve their full potential by developing and implementing effective training and mentoring programs in accordance with the company’s directives and policies.
- Be pro-active in all aspects of operational safety, efficient utilization of the resources, Continuous Improvement ideas and Projects; and encourage teamwork across the departments.
- Prepare solutions whenever the problem occurred in primary plant operation.
- Improve and enhance machinery in operation process to be efficiency and productivity
- Cooperate and coordinate with the management regarding analyzing, planning and setting objectives and strategies according to the company’s policies.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Work in compliance with ETG’s Commodity Inc. Occupational Health and Safety Policy.
Employment Qualification and Requirements:
You are a self-motivated individual that enjoys working autonomously in a fast-paced environment. You are a clear and concise communicator and take pride in your work by paying high attention to detail. You are a team player that leads by example and you take ownership of your responsibilities and special projects to ensure key deadlines are consistently met.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years management experience in processing facility.
- Budgetary experience.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated, results-oriented, possess high degree of initiative, and work well under pressure.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Plant Management: 10 years (Preferred)