The successful candidate will function as an important part of the controls engineering department at Silent-Aire, and be an integral team member in a fast-growing and dynamic company. This is an intermediate to senior programming/design position. The successful candidate will be expected to handle the responsibility of managing multiple projects with limited supervision, while reporting to senior level engineering personnel.
· Design, develop, and review PLC programs for custom HVAC equipment, computer room air handling equipment and various other HVAC related equipment.
· Commission, troubleshoot, test and maintain HVAC equipment controls systems to ensure equipment is functioning per specifications and intended design.
· Operate proprietary software tools to aid in the design of the controls system.
· Interface with customers and other project stakeholders on technical issues related to controls.
· Provide training to internal and external customers, related to the controls operation of HVAC equipment.
· Support service department as required on field related controls issues.
· Assist with the development of controls system operations manuals and technical brochures.
· Assist with the development of new and innovative product lines and refinement of existing products.
· Read and interpret job specifications produced by engineering consultants related to the design of HVAC controls.
· Interact with controls production staff; perform periodic inspections of systems under construction.
· Interact with quality control personnel and assist with implementation and enforcement of the company’s quality assurance program.
· Participate in continuous product improvement.
· Be involved and develop relationships in many aspects of the business including support for estimating, business development and sales, production improvements and marketing.
· Office environment, manufacturing shop is attached to offices.
· Occasional travel to field worksite locations may require Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
· Some occasional travel required including international travel.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Electrical/mechanical engineering degree, computer science degree, or a technical diploma combined with HVAC controls programming experience.
· 3 to 4 years of industry experience in controls and more specifically HVAC controls.
· Hands on experience with one or more of the following control technologies: Distech, CAREL, Tridium (Niagara), Siemens, Allen Bradley, Johnson Controls.
· Ready to adapt and transfer current programming and hardware skills to Distech, CAREL and Tridium (Niagara) control technologies.
· Experience with communication protocols specifically: BACnet, Modbus, TCP/IP.
· Technical experience with PLCs.
· Technical experience with BACnet integrations.
· Programming skills, Java script, function block, structured text.
· Basic Computer networking proficiency required, specifically with LANs, switches and routers.
· Knowledge of AutoCad.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills are crucial.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Self-starting, ability to manage multiple tasks on strict deadlines.
· Commitment to continuous technical learning and personal development, both self-directed and under the guidance of others.
· Diligent, with an eye for detail.
· Ability to accept assignments on short notice and perform under occasional stressful situations on tight deadlines.
· Ability to travel nationally and internationally.
· Other duties and projects as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $80,000.00 per year