Fort Frances Tribal Area Health Services Inc. is a corporation that provides health care, mental health and addiction treatment services to the 10 First Nations.
As a member of the Mino Ayaa Ta Win Services Team, the Residential Support Worker monitors and supports residents in the Mino Ayaa Ta Win treatment program to ensure optimum wellbeing, safety and comfort.
- Monitors and supervises residents, ensuring optimum safety and wellbeing;
- Supports evening programs and provides supportive guidance for recreational and cultural activities;
- Completes and maintains documentation as per organization requirements, including client documentation in the EMR;
- Supports clients, individually and in groups, to foster emotional and basic life skills for residents to strengthen relapse prevention;
- In conjunction with RPN, provides coverage and supervision to individuals in intense detox phase;
- Works closely with Group Facilitator to ensure continuity of treatment plans and Mino Ayaa Ta Win treatment curriculum;
- Participates in case conferences and staff meetings when requested;
- Maintains inventory and supplies;
- Ensures infection prevention and control practices are followed as per organizational standards;
- Ensures proper environmental and residential standards including take down and set up between cycles;
- Prepares meals as required;
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary diploma and two years’ experience in mental health and addictions preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Valid Ontario driver’s license, and willingness to upgrade license for group van travel;
- Must be proficient in word processing and have computer usage experience;
- Knowledge of Anishinaabe culture. Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is a definite asset;
- Previous experience working with First Nations people;
- Must have current CPR, First Aid;
- Must be able to pass a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records check
Requirement for Submissions
ON YOUR COVER LETTER, YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO IDENTIFY THAT YOU ARE A MEMBER OF A FIRST NATION COMMUNITY. Applications must include a signed cover letter, resume, and list of three (3) EMPLOYMENT RELATED references (with at least one being from a supervisor).
Interested applicants can forward their information to our Human Resources Department as per below:
P.O. Box 608
Fort Frances, ON
Fax: (807) 274-9669
Deadline for application submission: Wednesday, November 27th, 2019.
Fort Frances Tribal Area Health Services Inc. welcomes applicants from people with disabilities. A modified space is available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspect of the selection process. While we appreciate all who apply, we will only contact those persons selected for an interview. Miigwech, Thank You
Job Type: Casual
- Fort Frances, ON (Preferred)