MA MAWI WI CHI ITATA CENTRE, INC.
EXTERNAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY / COMPETITION
Position Title: Child Care Assistant
Location: Child Development Centre
Salary: To be negotiated
Under the supervision of the Child Development Centre Program Coordinator and in accordance with the Ma Mawi WI Chi Itata Centre’s philosophy and principles for service, the Child Care Assistant will assume responsibility of providing support with the care of infants enrolled at the Child Development Centre.
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices;
- Ability to provide one to one care to a child;
- Ability to plan and implement daily activities for children 1 to 2 years of age;
- Strong communication skills for use to staff and parents;
- Strong infant guiding skills;
- Ability to maintain the healthy and safety of the children and environment;
- Must be willing to work as a team member;
- Ability to follow the philosophy of the Child Development Centre program;
- Ability to work under stressful situations;
- Current Infant CPR and First Aid Certification;
- Current Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry and Prior Contact Checks required.
All letters of interest and Resume must be forwarded to:
Attention: Jacqueline Trout
Human Resources Assistant
Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre Inc.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted*
Job Type: Casual
- infant guiding skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- planning and implementing age appropriate activities: 1 year (Preferred)
- developmental appropriate practice: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Current Criminal Record Check (Required)
- Current Child Abuse Registry Check (Required)
- Current Infant First Aid/CPR (Required)