Looking for forklift driver/order picker/laborer who can drive sit down and standup that can load and unload trailers and put stock up on racking and move skids from production into cooler (0C-4C). also might require picking and assembly customer orders at times.
must be able to read and write english and be able to make shipping documents.
Looking for different shifts
8hr shifts Monday-Friday evenings 11PM - 7AM (full time)
8hr-12hr shifts Friday-Sunday morning and evenings (part time)
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates an industrial forklift - stand up and counterbalanced (bonus).
- Organizes and secures materials where pallets, products and other materials are stored.
- Performs the routine pre and post inspections on forklift equipment to ensure forklift equipment is operating well.
- Manually load or unload materials onto or off pallets, skids, platforms, or lifting devices.
- Consult and work with managers, lead hands, employees and customers to coordinate loading and unloading operations.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Complete forklift operator training annually – provided by the company.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or one year of experience in operating a forklift plus forklift certification- or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Must be able to work within a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be in good physical condition.
- Experience in food industry preferred
- Dental care
- RRSP Match
- Extended health care
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.50 /hour
- forklift : 1 year (Preferred)
- warehouse worker: 1 year (Preferred)
- Load and unload trucks
- Move and stack materials
- Keep production lines supplied with empty containers and packaging materials as needed
- Rotate floor stock
- General housekeeping duties in the warehouse or production area and duties as assigned
- Follow forklift operating guidelines and procedures
- Use warehouse management software
- Receive/process shipments
- Perform proper forklift inspection, minor servicing and repairs as necessary