Senior Construction Inspector (Contract) - (152391)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is seeking a temporary Senior Construction Inspector to join our Transportation – Construction Administration group in Richmond Hill to work on provincial and municipal roadway and highway construction projects. Reporting to the group lead, the position will be responsible for coordinating and inspecting of onsite construction, and providing construction administration.
This will be a contract role for approximately 8 months.
In the role of Senior Construction Inspector, we'll count on you to:
- Provide inspection and oversight of complex bridge, roadway and highway construction projects;
- Maintain accurate daily diary entries and completion of contract documentation records;
- Maintain daily photographic records, and videos as necessary to document contract activities;
- Complete site surveys of completed works for tracking item and material quantities for payment;
- Utilize Web-Based Contract Management System (WBCMS) on Ministry contracts;
- Complete daily inspections in accordance to client requirements;
- Monitoring construction work is in accordance to contract documents and specifications;
- Monitoring the contractor’s compliance to health and safety, and environmental regulations and legislation;
- Supervise and implement quality assurance acceptance and inspection of construction works;
- Report to the Project Manager and Contract Administrator onsite activities, concerns, and non-conformances, and provide recommendations for resolution;
- Provide mentorship to junior staff;
- Review and document implementation of traffic closures in accordance to contract documents;
- Liaise with client representatives, as required;
- Requires working nights, weekends, and extended shifts;
- Work may be seasonal in nature, as work permits;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Civil Engineering and/or relevant experience;
- Certified OACETT as a Road Construction Senior Inspector (rcsi) designation, and/or registered with PEO as an E.I.T. with relevant experience;
- Minimum 5 years experience with engineering or construction;
- Previous experience working on municipal or MTO roadway and highway projects;
- Able to work weekends and nights, as needed;
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently;
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access);
- Valid Ontario driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Construction & Design/Build
Constr Eng Insp / Mntrng(CCC)
Jan 23, 2019