380 The East Mall, Etobicoke, Ontario, M9B 6L5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer.
- Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that partners can locate resources and product as needed.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
Summary of Experience
- No previous experience required
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages and food products, cash handling and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Engage with and understand our customers, including discovering and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant communication
- Meets required dress code
- Prepare food and beverages to standard recipes or customized for customers, including recipe changes such as temperature, quantity of ingredients or substituted ingredients
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
Customer Focus :
Delivers legendary service that meets and exceeds all customers' expectations
Ethics and Integrity :
Adheres to Starbucks values, beliefs and principles during good and bad times
Remains calm, maintains perspective and responds in a professional manner when faced with tough situations
Personal Learning :
Takes personal responsibility for the continuous learning of new knowledge, skills and experiences
Dealing with Ambiguity :
Able to successfully function during times of uncertainty and changing priorities
Makes timely and quality decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment
Interpersonal Savvy :
Builds effective relationships with all people; up, down and sideways, inside and outside of Starbucks Results Oriented: Gets results and achieves goals
Physical Requirements Proficiency Ratings Legend
O = Occasional (up to 25% of time)
F = Frequent (26%-74% of time)
C = Constant (75% or more of time)
Continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine.
Moving an object, usually by holding it in hands or arms, or on shoulders.
O - up to 40 lbs
Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps, poles, and the like, using feet and legs, and hands and arms.
Usage or other special equipment operated.
C - Bar equipment/POS Register
Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise performing precision work with hand or hands.
C - Around bar area
Receiving detailed information through oral communication.
Bending legs at knees to come to rest on knee(s).
Raising or lowering an object from one level to another using hands, arms and shoulders, back and legs.
O - up to 40 lbs
Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves away from or toward the force.
O - up to 40 lbs
Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
C - Around bar area
Remaining in the normal seated position.
Remaining on one's feet in an upright position at a workstation or moving about a work area.
C - Up to 90% of the time
Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
Distinguishing, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors.
Clarity of vision at near and/or far distances.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.