About the Greater Vancouver Board of Trade
Since its inception in 1887, the Greater Vancouver Board of Trade has been recognized as Pacific Canada’s leading business association, engaging members to positively impact public policy at all levels of government and to succeed and prosper in the global economy. With a Membership whose employees comprise one third of B.C.’s workforce, we are the largest business association between Victoria and Toronto. We leverage this collective strength, facilitating networking opportunities, and providing professional development through four unique Signature Programs. In addition, we operate one of the largest events businesses in the country, providing a platform for Presidents, Prime Ministers, national and international business and thought leaders.
Position Description, Director Member Advisory Services
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Director of Member Advisory Services is responsible for the retention and growth of the Greater Vancouver Board of Trade’s recurring membership revenue streams. By overseeing the sales team and providing their expert guidance to the senior leadership team, this role is foundational to the success of the Greater Vancouver Board of Trade in its purpose; To lead, unite and champion business to ensure Greater Vancouver is thriving and our region is the best place to live and work.
You must be an enthusiastic leader, self-starter, collaborative, and capable of shifting gears from pedestrian and necessary tasks to facilitating strategic conversations in the blink of an eye. You must also have the stamina to keep up with a fast-paced environment that will put you at the epicentre of British Columbia’s business community. If this sounds like you, please read on.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintenance and growth of organizational revenue streams
- New Membership Sales
- Membership Renewals and Upgrades
- 2 Unique Group Insurance Plans
- International Certificates of Origin
- Advertising Sales
- Creation of promotional packages and offerings to drive new membership sales
- Development of Departmental Strategy and sales objectives through forecasts and planning
- Continuous monitoring of member engagement statistics and revenues in collaboration with the Membership Engagement team (Sponsorship) and Sales Manager
- Supporting Sales Manager and Member Advisory Services Manager in their oversight of the New Membership Sales and Membership Renewals teams respectively
- Close collaboration with Member Engagement team on issues related to Strategic Accounts
- Collaboration with Senior Management Team on organizational strategic planning and execution
- Annual review and adjustment of Membership pricing model and entitlements.
- Maintenance and growth of relationships with Chamber Plan Group Insurance partners
- Preparation and Management of departmental budget and annual revenue targets.
- Monthly reporting of results including new sales, upgrades, renewal and retention results, 30/60/90 forecast and Member Business Advisor sales activity to Senior Management team and Board of Directors.
- Ensure that EBMS (CRM) is being utilized to capture sales activity, member account management and member engagement
- Hiring, coaching, and empowering team members
- Design and assistance in management of the Member Business Advisor compensation plan
Qualifications we’re looking for:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent related work experience
- Proven sales management or director experience, meeting or exceeding targets to SME and Enterprise level accounts
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Deep knowledge of how small and medium sized businesses operate
- Well connected within the British Columbia business community
- Fluency in specialized and personal computer systems and databases, Internet, and software applications, particularly Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- In-depth knowledge of marketing techniques and best practices
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management including C-Suite
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Conversant, avid user of social networks and social selling, for development of business networks and opportunities
- Proven ability to attract, develop, coach and motivate a diverse Sales team
- Superb negotiation and leadership skills
- Capacity to manage various projects and work to tight deadlines
- Resourcefulness and the use of creative thinking to solve problems
- Subscription model experience an asset
We are a tight knit team so a great sense of humour is an asset!
If this still sounds like you, please apply by submitting a cover letter, resume and clearly identified salary expectations to careers at boardoftrade.com by June 5, 2020.
Application deadline: 2020-06-05
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- similar role: 5 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19