DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, positioning us to help companies with their legal needs around the world. Our mission is to be the leading global business law firm. DLA Piper (Canada) LLP is one of Canada’s leading law firms with a team of innovative, proactive and dedicated lawyers, administrative and support staff who serve our clients in Canada and around the world. We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a generous, top-rated employee pension plan.
If you are talented in providing unprecedented service, are enthusiastic and a team player, we are looking for you. We are currently looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant, Securities to join our Corporate department and invite you to review the job description.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Update and revise a variety of often lengthy documents;
- Maintain records of all client files, related records and general files;
- Edit, format, print and revise letters, memos, reports, forms, labels and other printed material using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, from dictation or other instruction as required;
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail, answer client telephone calls and general inquiries;
- Maintain an efficient file management and bring forward system;
- Input all time entries daily and process all accounts for the lawyers;
- Open and close client/matter files;
- Perform administrative and related duties as assigned and assist others in the department as required;
- Perform a variety of routine tasks as well as special projects as required;
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Legal Administrative Assistant position;
- Graduate of an accredited Legal Administrative Assistant program or relevant experience;
- Advanced PC skills, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experienced with SEDAR Filing would be an asset.
- Strong attention to detail;
- Able to use good judgment and maintain professionalism;
- Able to ensure utmost confidentiality and use of discretion at all times;
- Dedicated to providing quality service to clients and service beyond expectations;
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills with ability to listen effectively, respond appropriately, and maintain mutual comfort level while relating to a diverse group of individuals;
- Strong ability to perform well and be unfailingly diplomatic in a high pressure environment with multiple clients;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize and deliver creative solutions;
- Ability to maintain excellent working relationships with all staff.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- paralegal: 2 years (Required)
- Legal Assistant: 2 years (Required)