The Riva Engineering team is growing, and we’re looking for a diverse Senior Full Stack Developer to join our dynamic team.
We believe that being a good match to our thriving culture and someone who elevates the rest of the team is just as important as having technical acumen. This role requires in-depth knowledge and has a more expansive set of responsibilities so having strong problem-solving skills and an eagerness to learn will serve you well.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Reporting to the Product Engineering Manager, you are focused on developing new features, and new products while maintaining and enhancing our existing web products by working closely with other developers, product owners, and testers. The results of your efforts will directly impact our products and our customers – some of the top companies around the world.
We look for you to contribute towards:
- Bring leadership to the design, development, and release of new features and improvements to Riva's web products while collaborating with other developers, testers, DevOps engineers, and other stakeholders including product management, and executives.
- Exert influence on the overall solution vision while responding to product objectives owned by your team, whether technical or feature, to deliver a long-term positive customer experience.
- Elevate the team by participating in our collaborative product development environment that can include design discussions, pair programming, code reviews, coaching, and mentoring activities.
- Enhance team members’ ability to craft code that meets our internal standards while advocating for and identifying improvements to those standards for style, maintainability, security, and industry best practices.
- Excited by the opportunity to work on a platform and product with an established enterprise-grade customer base and existing code while looking to a future with a responsive composite web app, event, and API-driven microservices in a cloud-first approach.
- Consistently ship moderately sized features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other teams while ensuring that all features are coupled to our mature continuous integration and continuous delivery of multi-staged on-premises and cloud environments.
- Eager to share in and create a positive vibe during team activities like Sprint Planning, Sprint Demos, Solution Demos, and Program Increment planning activities (part of our Scaled Agile Framework [SAFe] processes).
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
Post-secondary education in computer science, computer engineering or related work experience.
- At least six (6) years of applicable work experience.
- Solid understanding of OOD, OOP, and design patterns.
- Proficiency with micro-apps and microservices.
- A belief in agile processes with a desire to leverage continuous delivery patterns and technologies, such as continuous integration (TeamCity / Jenkins), continuous deployment (Octopus Deploy), continuous testing (TDD, NUnit, Selenium, MSTest, Mocha / Chai / Jest), continuous monitoring (Newrelic, APM).
- Understand and use patterns and standards, such as OAuth 2.0, OpenID, JWT, Microsoft Graph, OData, REST, SOAP, and Web Sockets.
- Experience with PowerShell or other scripting languages.
- Experience with Cloud Solution Providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, or Heroku).
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker and Docker Compose.
- Have proficiency with cross-browser/cross-platform issues, DOM and web standards.
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Organized, efficient, and committed to getting the job done while managing multiple priorities within scheduled timelines.
- Able to communicate technical solutions and the rationale behind decisions so that a non-technical person can understand.
- Willingness to learn new skills and a demonstrated continual effort to improve skills.
- Adaptable to new environments, changes in requirements, and scope.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills ( server and client/browser), preferably with large multi-tier enterprise software products.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization, including customer-facing teams.
- Communicates fluently in written and spoken English.
Bonus points for:
- Formal team lead experience.
- Embedding PowerBI views into web applications.
- ChartJS or D3.js / visualization using D3-like libraries.
- Proficiency in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Web server configuration and troubleshooting (IIS, Nginx, Apache).
- Contributes to, supports or uses open-source projects - has an active GitHub account.
- Experience with Office plugin development (Outlook COM add-in, OfficeJS API).
- Experience with Salesforce customization development or Administration.
- Product company experience.
MORE ABOUT RIVA
We are an Edmonton-based software development company with a global footprint. Our Relationship Engine creates seamless data flow between applications like email, calendar, contacts, and tasks and CRM – synchronizing data and eliminating the need for task switching, application toggling, and data entry duplication across platforms.
We offer a work culture that fosters diversity, equity, inclusion, and fun. Where curiosity is rewarded, and each day offers the chance to learn, grow, and contribute to the efforts of people you like, respect, and value.
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE
The total compensation package includes:
- RRSP/IRA matching
- Paid vacation starting with 3-weeks
- Paid wellness time allows for flexible discretionary allocation for mental health, personal benefits, and personal time
- Paid time off to volunteer with charities of your choice
- Extended health care benefits, dental and life insurance
- Professional development and training allowance for career advancement.
Must hold a valid work permit and be a permanent resident or citizen of Canada or the US.
Riva is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss any communication from us! Please be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.