Abigail’s Hotel is located in downtown Victoria and is an award winning boutique hotel that is synonymous with elegance, old world charm and exceptional guest service. The hotel is independently owned and operated and takes great pride in delivering a memorable guest experience.
Our team is currently searching for an enthusiastic, positive and energetic individual to work full-time in our Housekeeping department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The cleaning of guest rooms and public spaces
- Serving breakfast
- Providing our guests with an efficient and comfortable experience
- Ensuring good communication within the housekeeping department and other departments of the hotel
- Ensuring maintenance requests are promptly recorded and reported
- Maintaining confidentiality and integrity with respect to guest privacy
- Fluent English language skills including verbal, reading and written
- Positive, enthusiastic and energetic
- Good personal grooming and presentation
- Clear, precise and professional in manner
- Good organization skills
- A team player that is committed to providing excellent service, while being able to have fun at the same time
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, holidays and weekends
- Able to work a physically demanding position that requires frequent lifting, pushing and pulling of greater than 10 kgs
Position is for permanent full-time. Position also offers complimentary meals and gratuities.
To apply, please email your resume. Previous hotel experience is an asset but not a requirement. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Expected start date: 2021-07-06
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00-$16.85 per hour
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
- Do you currently live in the Greater Victoria area?
- housekeeping: 1 year (preferred)