What is the opportunity?
The Associate, Institutional Portfolio Management, role is critical in quarterbacking and supporting the coordination and execution of a broader institutional business development effort. Therefore, the role will consist of building and maintaining strong relationships with prospect institutional investors and consulting firms to ensure PH&N Institutional is regularly considered for new opportunities to provide investment solutions. Click here to learn more about PH&N Institutional, a division within RBC Global Asset Management (RBC GAM).
What will you do?
- Support relationship management and development with prospect institutional investors and investment consultants in Canada
- Contribute to the development of an annual business development and consultant relations strategy that identifies and shapes key firm-wide messages, themes, and priorities
- Execute this strategy with targeted prospects and consulting firms (in coordination with the business development team and Institutional Portfolio Managers)
- Ensure targeted consultant firms and prospects receive timely communication from RBC GAM both proactively and in response to specific requests
- Coordinate consultant-related aspects of client and prospecting business activities (requests for proposal, due diligence meetings, product reviews) with internal partners
- Track business development and consultant relations activities for reporting and monitoring purposes
- Monitor and evaluate PH&N Institutional's presence on consultant databases and liaise with the data team to ensure our commentary/data is best-in-class
- Provide internal feedback and data regarding competitive landscape, new product development, thought leadership topics, and consulting firm needs
- Support Institutional Portfolio Managers with all aspects of investment portfolios, coordinating requests with appropriate areas within the firm as required
What do you need to succeed?
- University degree, preferably in economics, finance, commerce, mathematics or accounting
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or in progress, or equivalent industry designations
- 3 to 7 years of investment industry experience, preferably in investment management, business development, investment consulting, or consultant relations experience
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills in French and English with the ability to effectively communicate complex solutions to diverse audiences
- Strong strategic, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to travel occasionally to meet business needs
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, and retirement and savings programs
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Challenging work
- Financial strength and strong brand
- A strong and diverse team
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
1 Place Ville Marie
Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%):