Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Canopy Growth Corporation is a Canadian cannabis producer and leader in the expanding international cannabis market. As one of the largest companies in the industry, Canopy Growth Corporation makes products that range across the spectrum from recreational products to pharmaceutical products. These products are sold globally in many different territories. Due to the nascent stage of industrial cannabis production and product development, Canopy Growth Corporation maintains a large in-house research capability. This research feeds directly into product development and production improvements. We are a dedicated team of innovators in an industry ripe for improvement.
The plant research group at Canopy Growth Corporation is seeking to hire an Analytical Chemist – Plant Secondary Compounds and Metabolites. This role will work directly with the Director of Genetic Research, specifically to support ongoing plant breeding work with chemical analysis.
- Design, maintenance and troubleshooting of in-house analytical methods to meet existing and future plant research needs
- Analytical laboratory management and appropriate record keeping
- Equipment and reagent inventory maintenance
- Compilation and analysis of experimental and analytical data
- Ensure safety in the laboratory environment through the availability of and compliance with all safety data sheets
- Ensure compliance with corporate Standard Operating Procedures and the Cannabis Act
- Maintenance of sanitary conditions in all areas where research and testing is conducted
- Alignment on new methods and equipment to continually improve analytical research capacity and efficiency
- Assistance with collaborative research projects conducted with academic and industry partners
- Mentoring and supervision of Analytical Chemistry Technicians
- Drafting and submission of proposals, funding applications, equipment/material requirements, and timely progress reports to the Director of Genetic Research, and to the Director of Plant Research & Breeding as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Completed PhD or MSc degree with a focus on a relevant scientific discipline plus 5 years of industry work experience
- Thorough understanding of the scientific method, experimental design and statistical analyses
- Scientific report writing experience
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software suite, statistics software such as R and ability to navigate through new software with limited guidance
- Outstanding organizational and detailed record keeping skills
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Experience with implementation of high throughput methods and automation is an asset
- Ability and willingness to sit/stand for extended periods of time
This is a full-time position based out of Smiths Falls, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.