MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administrative support to the Executive Director.
- Maintain office calendars by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Assisting with project management
- Draft documentation for the Executive Director such as press releases, board minutes, reports and more.
- Help create and maintain policy and procedure manuals.
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents.
- Recording meeting discussions.
- Bookkeeping duties such as invoice tracking, accounts payable and receivable, bank deposits and monthly internal financial reporting.
- Support on the delivery of marketing programs where needed.
- Assist with social media presence.
- Process mail.
- Maintain a database of stakeholders.
- Communication with stakeholders through an email marketing platform.
- Help with updates as needed to the Tourism Langley website.
- Manage enquires received via phone, email and social media messaging.
- Scheduling of seasonal staff.
- Reconcile and submit expense reports.
- Maintain company vehicle.
- Organize storage areas; inventory/order office supplies and other items working within assigned budget.
- Maintain the effective operation and upkeep the office equipment, including photocopier, fax machine, printers, computers and telephones.
- Attend public functions and tourism events at the direction of the Executive Director.
- Other duties as from time to time required by Tourism Langley.
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Bookkeeping (Sage Accounting software).
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills,
- Excellent communication and multitasking skills.
- Administration knowledge of clerical procedures and of all Microsoft Office programs, including spreadsheets, databases, word processing and graphic presentation software.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, meeting minute transcribing.
- An ability to be timely and meet assigned deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties.
- Positive attitude.
If you are currently exploring a new career challenge, please apply with your salary expectations. Only those candidates who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- office assistant: 3 years (Preferred)